Chapter 111: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"If you can show at least a little bit of regret about this, I will stand by you- who has become a new man, without question." The blond assures, "You hate the system of the academy, not the academy itself nor the students here. Doing stuff that's illegal and making the students miserable is not right and exactly what the ESP would do. I promise you, I will never do nothing should you guys come to be in danger. Let's have a fresh start, Reo. It's time to guide you to the right path." Narumi outstretches his hand towards Reo, wanting nothing more than for the young man to see that his way of doing things was not right and to save him before he does something he would truly regret.

Before Reo can reply, the earth beneath their feet shakes, startling the small group. Though, it wasn't an enemy attack. Throughout the whole campus, everyone feels the tremor.

Students outside gasp, looking in towards a building. "Look! The main campus!" They exclaim as many eyes stare upon the building.

"Fire!"
"That's... Hyuuga Natsume's fire!"

///

Akako stumbles when the building shakes, looking up to the ceiling as some dust particles are shaken off. As she looks up, Mikan looks around at their surroundings to try and figure out what was going on. Her eyes then land on Akako, heart stopping when she notices something different about her sister. While the blond continues to scan the area, Mikan notices something under the collar of Akako's shirt.

Her distraction causes the brunette to not notice the enemy that appeared before them.

"You three- hurry!" Imai yells.

The Fuukitai begin charging towards the trio, "Mikan-nee!" Akako warns, pulling her older sister behind her before preparing to trap the men in a wall of stone. Just as her walls begin building up from the ground, the enemy disappears. A soft gasp escapes the twins lips, Akako slowly letting down the stone walls to reveal that the ground beneath the men had deteriorated and they fell through the hole. Akako's head whips around, genuinely surprised that Persona helped them. Although, groans of pain could be heard from down below.

Akako goes forward, peeking down in the hole and jumping when she feels Mikan's amazement from where she stands. Akako's head swivels towards Mikan who stares at Persona in awe, surprised at his amazing control. Akako squints her eyes at the man who was receiving her sister's praise.

'I could've stopped them too...' she puffs out her cheeks, crossing her arms.

"What you did just now... is not right..." Mikan shakes herself from her daze, telling Persona that. The bottom corner of his lips is pulled down at her words, "I thought it was fine as long as I didn't use my Alice on the others directly. It was meant to stop them but somehow I got them hurt." Rei's face falls downwards, "I will be more careful with that from now on... It is a great responsibility- being a guardian, I mean."

Akako's distrust lessens as she watches Persona sincerely regret his action that led to the enemy getting hurt. He almost seemed like a child who was being ridiculed for something they did wrong.

"Don't... don't worry!" Mikan quickly jumps forward, not wanting the man to feel bad since this was his first time in a while trying to do things the right way. The eldest twin wouldn't expect him to be a perfect good guy right away.

Akako also felt as though she needed to make the man feel better, watching as he was really trying his very best. "Arigato, Persona." The girl mumbles, glancing away. Both Mikan and Persona's eyes travel to the blond who was trying her hardest to let go of the long grudge she's had for the man. "Thanks to you... I didn't have to use a lot of Alice." Her gaze hesitantly travels up to the man, "Let's work hard together."