55

Brooklyn opened the front door, she looked around for a minute before her eyes landed on the tall figure near the middle of the forest. "Thank god for impeccable sight!" Running forward, she soon made her way to beside him as he kept his gaze forward.

"You finally come to your senses that were meant to be together or has your father sent you?" She scoffed, walking forward. The tall man watched her carefully, she sat down on the edge of the small cliff they seemed to have ended up on. The familiar tight pain in his chest shot through again, slowly, he joined her on the ground. Watching her more carefully than before, his eyes never once left her. How every feature she had seemed so effortless, in his eyes anyway.

How her hair moved against her skin so wondrously, how her eyes glistened with hope, each time she thought of something new and exciting. He noticed how since they met, she hadn't once smiled for love or happiness. She had only put on a fake one or a subtle laugh for her friends and family, to show she wasn't sad, when really deep down she was hurt.

He knew this because he was the reason, with his anger and jealousy. He murdered the only boy she'd ever loved. The only boy who loved her back at the time, but that was no longer the point. Brooklyn had a lot of people who loved her but one in particular, she didn't want to admit.

Although, only knowing her a few days, maybe a week or so, Alistair had grown more fond of the young vampire. Some would even say love.

He didn't realise how long he was staring until she snapped him back to reality, "you can take a picture, it'll last longer! They have a thing called 'phones' now..or are you still in the 17th century?" Alistair let out a small, dry chuckle. He hadn't heard himself laugh, let alone anyone else in hundreds of years. And one day, just out of the blue this young girl, not far off his own given age, shows up and changes all of that.

"Actually, I rather prefer the fourteenth century!" She finally looked at him, her eyes staring straight into his. How he could get lost in her eyes anytime of any day. Once again, the blonde man was cut out of his thoughts as she let out a small laugh of her own.

They both locked eyes, Brooklyn directed her eyes down to his lips as she bit on her own gently. Just as the man was about to lean closer, she quickly looked back at the sunset before them. "I came to see if you were alright.." he looked at her, in slight disappointment. Shrugging this off, the man sighed and moved his gaze to where hers was. "Are you?" She asked, he noticed how her fingers kept on fidgeting with each other but was too unsure whether to ask.

"Yes.." the man finally let out, he stared at her once again in wonder before eventually meeting her eyes. The two felt their cheeks go red at the sudden eye contact, Brooklyn hadn't felt her cheeks tint the familiar, not so familiar pink colour in a long time. "Brooklyn-"

"Brooke is fine!" He looked at her in shock almost, at how she was warming up to him slowly. He had heard from his old friends at how she wasn't one to normally let people in, and hoped that one day she would let him in properly.

He hoped that one day they could make something happen, that, although it was impossible, put the past behind them and start something new. "Brooke!.." she smiled, her stomach erupting with a sensation of butterflies as he spoke. She liked the way her name sounded coming from his voice and no one else's. "I know you may not be ready but.." he was about to finish as she quickly stood up, walking over to the edge of the forest. Alistair sighed, knowing she was about to run off and ignore the fact their destined. But, what shocked him was that she turned back to face him.

"I don't forgive you, for what you did!"

"I understand!" He slowly stood up from his space, looking at her with hope. She looked into his large, blood-shot red eyes, soon getting lost into them.

"Every day.." she started, not knowing where to go on from it. "..I see you, I-" Brooklyn took a minute, she bit down on her lip as non existent tears threatened to fall down.

"You don't have to say anything..I know it's hard for you to open up, from what your fathers said.." once again she stared at him in shock, how could someone she hadn't even bothered to get to know, already have so much information on her? Especially when she knows hardly anything about him.

"No..I-I want to! I feel like..I can trust you.." the man looked at her in wonder. "I..every time I try and hate you, for what you did to him..the more it makes me not..want to..hate you.." he let out another dry chuckle, smiling down at her. She looked up, still being 5'6 since she was turned. Him being 6'2. She smiled at the sound, she could listen to his laugh for hours on end and not get sick of it. She went to speak again but couldn't seem to find the words.

Alistair smiled, this was the first time she'd ever witnessed it. "Why don't you list off all the things you hate about me?" Brooklyn looked at him confused, taking his reassuring look with a sigh.

"I hate..that, everything that you do, is so..fucking irresistible yet irritating to others! I hate, your charming smile, which is a one in a life time opportunity to see!" He laughed, not as sad or hurt but more of a sincere and happy laugh. Brooklyn smiled back, taking in all of his features while she could. "I hate, how you somehow, bring out this side of me, I've never known I had. Even when I was human..I thought Danny was the only on-" Brooklyn cut herself off, her face dripping as her head hung low. Alistair gave her a saddened look of his own, "I hate how..I'm not showing my true emotions toward you.."

"That's not about me?" He teased, Brooklyn just kept a serious face. Slowly, she walked closer to him.

"I know..but I just wanted to tell you.." he smiled down at her, the two now mere inches away from each other.

"Then tell me.."

***