36

Brooklyn felt fireworks erupt in her stomach, slowly wrapping her arms around his neck. She felt alive, as though she was no longer supernatural. 

Just as he pulled away, Daniel smiled at the girl. Going to speak, he was quickly cut off as a large hand grabbed his hair. Brooklyn watched how a figure dug its teeth deep into the mans neck. Her heart broke at the sound of his blood curdling screams.

Immediately she ran forward, tackling the figure down as Daniel fell to the ground.
As she had the vampire pinned, their eyes locked. For a moment she felt as though the whole world around them disappeared.

Noticing her sudden change in mood, the vampire pushed her back, watching how she fell with a grunt before they ran away.

Groaning, she quickly turned her head as a loud cry for help shot through the forest.
Running forward, her arms wrapped around Daniels limp body as he breathed heavily. "Danny.."
She waited for an answer, instead only earning a loud scream.
"Shh, it's ok! Your gonna be fine!" Thinking, she sat there holding him close before realising.
"Ok..please don't freak out! But..I'm gonna have to get the vampire venom out before you die..it may mean turning yo-"

"No!"

"What? y-you'll die.."

Smiling, Danny cupped her cheek as she stared at him. "I'll be fine.."

"No-"

"Brooke..I can't! I don't believe people should live that long.."

"But.." smiling at her, he slowly lifted himself up. Capturing her lips once more.

"Let me go.."

"I-I can't! What about..your scholarship? Your family..everyone at sc-"

"It'll be fine! I promise.." she looked at him, biting her lip a little as he smiled weakly at her. "Let me go..this..this is my fate-"

"Please.." she cried, still no tears falling as she couldn't even force them out.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!" With that, she closed her eyes. Wrapping her arms around his neck, breathing heavily a little.

Silence, nothing could be hear around them.

Daniel knew after what happened, he couldn't live. He didn't scream once. He sent her a sweet smile as the sound of a loud snap shot through the empty forest. Eventually giving out his last breath.

***

A few days had now past, ever since their argument Brooklyn hadn't returned home. No one knew where she went off to.

Currently, the young vampire was stood near the edge of a cliff. She took a breath, thinking back in her days she spent away.
She thought she left to get a break, but this short trip turned out to be the worst one she had ever faced.

She had faced some encounters with people she didn't want to face ever again, the feeling of her heart shattered at the memory.

Taking another heavy breath, Brooklyn quickly turned on her heel as she zoomed across the large ocean.

After about an hour and a half, the young vampire was now stood outside her family home. Glaring slightly as many of her old classmates stood there, either dancing, partying or drinking with each other.

Sighing annoyed, her feet stomped against the ground as she stormed inside.
Luckily for her, she was now able to control her thirst, especially after her situation out of town.

People stared at her shocked and confused, watching how she strutted herself upstairs without another word.

Carlisle stood with his family, Bella and Jacob as the door behind them quickly opened. They all stood there in shock as Brooklyn stood there, her stern yet emotionless face not dropping. Immediately she walked forward, leaning against the desk as they all watched her carefully.