21

After an hour of showering, drying and styling her hair and finally picking out a simple outfit. Brooklyn was almost ready to go, she threw on a simple pair of jeans and oversized shirt as Alice walked in. "What are you wearing?"

"Uh..clothes?"

"No! This is your first big high school party..let's see!" She pushed through each of her clothes, finding nothing, she began rummaging through her drawers and eventually pulled out a two piece. "Here!"

Brooklyn looked at it and sighed, knowing this was a fight she would never win. Reluctantly, the young girl took the clothes from her sister and changed. Alice smiled and beamed.

"Great! Now, let me fix your hair.."

Soon Alice had finished re-styling her long red locks, then applying some makeup.

Walking out of the room, everyone's heads turned to her.
"Ok, she's a little nervous so please be nice!" Opening the door wider, Brooklyn slowly walked out. Standing there as her mother and sister stared at her in awe, as Alice had a proud look on her face.

Carlisle smiled as the two men behind him gave her a well known look, "so.."

"Your going like that?" Rosalie hit her husbands head harshly, "no, I mean you look beautiful! It's just, it's a little revealing don't ya think? Especially when there's gonna be older guys there!"

She looked down, patting her short skirt and smoothing it a little as Alice glared at the dark haired vampire, soon fixing the sleeves of her cropped top.

"Well, I think you look radiant!"

"Thanks.."

"Alright let's go over the-"

"Don't talk to any strangers, especially if they look suspiciously like vampires. Don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and don't talk to any older guys!" They stared at her amazed at how she remembered that so fast, Esme laughed and kissed her daughters head.

"Yes, have fun and be careful! You have your phone, if you feel word just call and I'll send one of the guys for you.."

"I will!" She took her small ourse from her sister, bidding them all goodbye before making her way to Emmets car.

The drive there was pretty much normal, the only sound was the small conversation they started and some music playing softly in the background.
Once he parked up, Brooklyn went to step out. Stopping as her brother quickly locked the doors and looked at her.
"Emmet-"

"I know, just stay safe! I'll be back at eleven!" Nodding, she opened the now I clicked door and gave him one last smile. Closing the door behind her, she stood and watched as he drove away. Turning around, she took a deep breath.

"You can do this!"

With that she walked through the front door, squinting her eyes a little as bright flashing lights spun across the entire downstairs of the house. Teenagers scattered everywhere, dancing, talking or drinking. Loud music played over them.

Fixing herself a little, she moved her feet as fast as she could. Squeezing through the crowds of students, ignoring some of the looks aimed at her.

Once she made it into the kitchen, she felt a small tap on her shoulder. Now facing a random girl, smiling none the less.
"Hey, Brooklyn right?"

"Uh..yeah!?"

"Hey, Jasmin! I'm Danny's friend..he said you'd be coming!" Smiling wider at the mention of the dark haired lad, she allowed Jasmin to take lead. They both walked over to a small sitting area. Two couches on either side, a small coffee table stood in between as a bean bag thrown near the end. "Hey guys, this is Brooklyn! She's new and Danny's friend!"

"Hi.."
Daniel looked up, smirking at the girl as she stood there shyly. He couldn't help but let his eyes wonder up and down her body a little, but soon fixed himself and scooted over.

"Come on Brooke, I don't bite!"
She slowly walked over, sitting beside her new friend as he handed her a red cup. "Told you, I'd save you a drink!"

"Thanks.." they all watched in anticipation as she slowly raised the cup up to her lips, hesitantly pouring it down her throat. Throwing it onto the table as she coughed a little, earning a low chuckle from the boy beside her.

"First time drinking?" One guy sat opposite her asked, he smirked as she nodded lightly. Not realising how he bit his lip a little before turning back to the girl who was now sat beside him.

"So Brooke, where did you move from?" She stared at Jasmin for a moment, not really knowing what to say. Her parents told her how she could say where they were from specifically just in case anyone knew them or anyone who lived in Forks.

"Uh..California!"

"Oh cool, I've always wanted to go there! Maybe one day you could show me around!" The same guy opposite her spoke, now completely ignoring the girl beside him. She huffed and stormed away as he never took his eyes off her once. Daniel glared at the guy, already annoyed at how he's already trying to hit on the girl not even five minutes in.

"Uh..y-yeah sure!"

"Jake!" He extended his hand, leaning forward as a Brooklyn followed his actions. She must have leant forward a little too far as his gaze diverted to her chest for a split second, shaking her hand, he smirked and slumped back down onto the couch.

Daniel had enough, taking Brooklyn hand gently. He stood up, quickly sending Jake a death glare before they walked over to the Pool Table. Standing on one side, he quickly grabbed one of his friends and set up both sides.

"Ever played beer pong?"

"What?"

"It's a drinking game!" She felt as her cheeks immediately flushed red, lowering her head so he didn't see this but of course it just failed as the tall boy was now laughing. "Don't worry, your on my team!"

"Who are we playing?" Smirking, Jake walked up to the table. Standing at the other end as he cleared his throat,

"I wouldn't mind a little game!"

"Well actually-"

"Oh come on Danny! Just one game to show our little newbie here how it's done!" Brooklyn shifted uncomfortably as the dirty blonde haired guy sent her a quick wink. Taking one last puff of his cigarette, he put it out quickly and spoke up again as people began surrounding them.
"So, tradition is for the newbies to take part in all drinking games! And I say we add a little bet onto this round..?"

"What kind of bet?"

"Losing team has to strip-"

"No!" Brooklyn watched as the two guys went on at each other for a moment, "come on dude she's new!"

Jake glared at him, moving his gaze onto the girl as she just stood there unsure on what to say.
"Fine, since this is her first party I'll let it slide! But she still takes part!"

"Deal!"

Daniel and Brooklyn stood on one side as Jake and Tyler, Daniels friends stood opposite.
The dark haired boy grabbed the ball, quickly throwing it across the table. It hit the edge of the cup but fell backwards, everyone groaned near their side as the other cheered.

Picking up his cup, Daniel chugged the liquid down his throat, the feeling of burning erupting soon disappeared as Jake took his turn. Instantly getting it into the cup nearest to Brooklyn, taking a breath, she slowly picked up the red plastic cup and poured it down.

Her throat burning as the alcohol ran through her system, throwing the cup back down, Daniel looked at her worriedly as she coughed a little. Ignoring everyone's hysterical laughs around them, she cleared her throat and glared at the guys in front of her.

"Cant handle it, Cullen?"

"Oh, the games just beginning!"

***