20

The next week rolled around easier than anyone thought, eventually they all began settling into their new life. Both Carlisle and Esme chose for Brooklyn not to start a new school until they had moved in properly.

Currently, the young girl was stood outside her new school with her mother right behind her.
"Jesus it's cold!"

"Well what do you expect, we're in New York!" Brooklyn chuckled as the two walked through the main entrance doors together, standing there behind her mother as Esme spoke to the lady.

"Hello, It's my daughters first day! I was told to bring her here.."

"Ok dear, what's your last name?"

"Cullen!" The woman looked through her computer, a smile on her face as she looked up again. "Brooklyn?"

"Yes!"

"No problem, this is her new schedule for the year. She needs it signed during every class and to bring it back at the end of the day. Tomorrow she can just go on as normal!" Esme smiled and took the paper from her hand.

"Thank you! Ok, here you go..have a good day!"

"Will do.."

"Cheer up! And try to make some friends.."

"I'll try.." she nodded, knowing there was no answer she could get. Giving her adopted daughter a small kiss on the head, Esme walked off as Brooklyn just sighed.

She held tighter on her purple back pack, walking through the corridors as everyone's eyes were set on her. She knew how this happened, being a new kid was difficult. Now Brooklyn knew how Bella felt last year. Luckily for her however, it was the start of the term.

Soon the bell rang for first period, she looked down at her paper and sighed. English. Her 'favourite' lesson. Walking alone, she kept her head low as a few people would just stare at her, after a long time of getting there, she eventually found room 807.

Opening the door, everyone's gazes fell on her. A tall, dark skinned man walked up with a smile. "Hey, you must be Brooklyn?"

"Brooke.."

He smiled, "ok guys, this is Brooke. She's new so please give her a nice welcoming! There's a seat right in the middle for you!" Nodding, she slowly walked forward. Slightly intimidated by everyone's gazes. Sitting down, the teacher who she learned to be Mr Stephens handed her a book before starting with the class.

All lesson, Brooklyn just kept her head down and took notes. Once the bell rang, she like her fellow students started heading out. Mr Stephens sighed her paper before she walked to he mr next class.
Math.

***

After another boring lesson, Brooklyn had History, American History and finally Art.
She was excited for the first two classes since they were her favourite, getting through them easily, the bell rang for lunch.

Brooklyn held onto her new books as she made her way to the cafeteria, scanning the room, her shoulders dropped a little as everyone already had people to sit with.

The Jocks sat with each other, the popular girls, the Geeks, etc.

Walking forward, she ignored some of the looks and made her way to the back table. Frowning as a few students stood from their previous seats and left, sighing, she placed her books down and took her own seat.

Taking out her new favourite book, Anne Of Green Gables. She sat there in a wondrous peace and quiet for the remainder of Lunch. Just as she was about to check the time, Brooklyn felt someone sit down beside her. Looking up, she was met with a pair of vibrant blue eyes.