56

She looked up at him, his eyes staring, once again back down at her. Alistair reached his hand forward, taking an extra step no one ever though he would. He gently pushed a lose strand of hair from her pale face, caressing her cheek softly.

Brooklyn soon forgot everything around her, the sound of the ocean below them soon disappearing along with the birds chirps. She stepped up on her toes, reaching forward as the taller vampire followed. Brooklyn moved his hair away from his face, smirking to herself. She stepped back, laughing a little at the mans confused face. "Not tonight.." after a few seconds, Alistair smiled at her. Slowly, they both took another step away as the eighteen year old sighed. "I should..get back!"

He only nodded his head, watching as the young woman turned on her heel before descending into the dark, empty woods. Once he knew she was back home, Alistair let out a breath. Usually, after whenever she wouldn't reject his words or actions, he'd feel more emptier inside. Knowing she would never want him back. But this time, he felt happier, almost.

Slowly, he knew she was warming up to him. He knew it would take time and wouldn't be easy, he wanted her to feel comfortable and safe with him.

Taking a minute, the long, blonde haired man soon speeded back to the Cullen's residence.

The next morning, as Brooklyn had just finished her daily hunt alone. She walked through the forest to see Edward, Emmet, Kate, Bella and Garret all stood there. "What's going on?"

"Trying to see if Bella can enhance her shield!" She let out a curious 'ah' as Kate looked to the tall man beside her.  "I think she needs something to motivate her.." Edward looked back at his wife, sighing. He stepped forward as Brooklyn took a comfortable spot near her other brother.

Bella immediately stepped forward, "No!" The brown haired man gave his wife a reassuring look.

"It's alright, I can take it!"

"He says that now.." Garret muttered, earning a short laugh from the younger vampire. Alistair, who was stood in a tree watching them stared down at her in wonder. Her head turned back, Brooklyn sent him a warm smile as she felt her cheeks go red. Emmet looked between the two with a wide smile, he knew how hard it was for his sister to go to others for comfort. And, for her to slowly start warming up to the man she was potentially destined for was a slow achievement in his eyes. He hated how hurt she was after what they found out what the man did, but knew that nothing, not even a grudge could take their love from each other.

Brooklyn cleared her throat and turned back to her friend, "come on Bella, other wise he'll be hurting!" Kate raised her hand as Edward slowly followed.

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this ye-" Bella was cut off as electricity shot through her mates body, "I'm sorry, I said I wasn't ready!" He gave his wife a look, listening to his sister start laughing hysterically.

"Dude, your not motivating her!" Emmet told his coven brother, earning a harsh look from the older vampire.

"You wanna try?" He stepped back, raising his arms in defence. Bella used all she had to use her gifts as Kate used hers on the tall vampire. He groaned and fell to his knees in pain.

"Kate!"

"You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?" The blonde went to step forward as Bella quickly followed, more angrier now.

"Are you crazy?" Bella glared at the woman, watching as she just raised her hand again.

"Alright, this ones on full power.." Brooklyn laughed a little at Emmets face, watching the three carefully. Bella stared only at her mate, focusing just on him as Kate held his arm. The man stood there, holding the pain before she eventually let go.

"It's painful, but it's bearable.." at his words, Bella smiled proudly to herself.

"Ok, we should go again!" Edward turned to his brother and sister amused.

"Emmet, Brooke?"

"I'm good.." Brooklyn rolled her eyes, stepped forward to walk away as Kate quickly grabbed her arm amused. She groaned a little, much to Alistairs annoyance as he was ready to push her back. But before anyone could do anything, the young vampire grabbed her cousins arm and retaliated with her own gifts. Kate fell to the ground, holding her shoulder in pain as Garret quickly rushed to her side protectively.

They all stared at Brooklyn, other than Edward and Emmet who already knew of her gifts in amazement. "Dont!"

"How?" The blonde asked, more curious at the abilities. Never once in over 1000 years had she ever witnessed someone who could take another beings gift, and retaliate with it.

"It's my gift..mind control!" Alistair slowly descended from the tree, staring at the woman in astonishment.

"She can take any beings ability and enhance it to her own.." they all looked back at her, Garret smirked.

"Mind control?..can she do anything without any beings abilities?" Brooklyn just stood there, unsure on what to say as this was the first time she'd had actually used her gift since the wedding.

"Yes..I can move things with my mind!" She spoke, using a very obvious sarcastic tone toward them. Garret however just smirked, nodding her to go on. "He does know that I'm kidding, right?"

"Yes I do, but I also know it's a possibility!" Brooklyn just rolled her eyes, about to walk away as Edward quickly spoke up.

"Maybe he's right.."

They all looked over at the tall vampire, Alistair just held his usual emotionless face as normal but kept his gaze fixated on the young woman. Brooklyn swallowed the lump in her throat, her eyes soon meeting his.

***

Authors note:

Hi sorry this took so long, I've just celebrated my 18th birthday and it's been a long few weeks.

I'm gonna try and post as much as I can as I am travelling soon but in the mean time hope u enjoy this chapter!!