49

Soon night hit once again near the Cullen's house hold, currently Brooklyn was sat in their lounge with Edward and Bella. She had her phone in her grip, sighing deeply as she looked through old photos. Mainly of her and Daniel.

Rosalie smiled and walked back in, clapping her hands together in excitement. "My turn!" Bella carefully handed Renesmee over to her aunt, smiling at the two in wonder.

"Where does she sleep?"

"In my arms..or Edwards or Esme's.." Rosalie glanced at Brooklyn as she headed a silent scoff, Brooklyn just rolled her eyes, not taking them from her phone once.

"Do you wanna hold her?" Bella asked, noticing how she seemed off suddenly. At this point Brooklyn had looked up at the three, she ignored the harsh glare from her brother and rolled her eyes.

"No thanks!" Edward was about to speak as she glared annoyed at him. "I don't do children!" Bella frowned a little at her sisters words, letting out a breath as the door beside the young vampire opened. Jacob, who was layed down on the sofa shot up a little from his sleep to see the rest of the family walking in. Alice smiled happily at her sister,

"Happy birthday!"

"I stopped ageing three days ago..?" Bella spoke, confused at what the girl was going on about.

"Well we're celebrating anyway, so suck it up!" Alice told her, lifting her arm to show her the key she had.

Brooklyn rolled her eyes as she switched her phone off quickly and stood up, everyone watched as she ran through the door without another word.

Bella gave her mate a look, frowning a little. "Don't worry, she'll come around. She just needs time to get used to Renesmee being around.."

Sighing, Bella took Alice's hand as she lead the couple outside to their new home the family had just built.

***

The next morning, everyone other than the three older woman were sat in the dining room. Emmet and Carlisle on the table, Jacob watching Rosalie sit outside with the small child carefully and a Brooklyn glaring at them a little.

It was never that she hated Renesmee, she just hated the fact her best friend almost died because of her.

She was cut out of her thoughts as Edward and Bella walked into the room, hand in hand. "Wow, done already?"

"Where's Renesmee?" Bella asked, ignoring her brothers comment.

"Blonde stole her!" Jacob muttered, biting down on his sandwich.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmet asked, being his nosey self. Brooklyn had enough, rolling her eyes, she turned to her brother with a glare and picked up the news paper before rolling it.

They all watched as she began hitting him continuously over the head, laughing loudly at Emmets fear. "I. Swear. Emmet. Stop. Talking. About. Their. Sex. Life! Or in general! Your making me mad!"

"Alright, alright y-you can stop hitting me now!" Carlisle shot up, taking the paper from his daughter with a knowing look.

"Shut up!" With that, the fiery haired vampire stormed out of the room as they all watched.

"What's her problem? Just because she's never had any ac-"

"Emmet..no!" They all laughed at Bella's scolding, soon changing the subject as the phone rang.

Brooklyn used her speed to run through the forest, she needed yet again another break from her family. Maybe this is how Edward always felt? She thought, running across the mountains. Brooklyn sniffed the air, sensing a few dear near by as she began running again.

Luckily now with Sam and the Pac out of the way, the Cullen's could start hunting again. Brooklyn had stoped going on their usual family hunts with them, she never felt like it anymore.

To avoid any conversation or worried looks, she'd always leave early in the morning or later at night.

This of course worried everyone, no one more than Esme who herself had to be reassured by her mate that she was fine and just needed some space.

They all assumed since she hadn't found her mate yet, this was the reason but Brooklyn always reminded them that she had no Mate. That she wasn't supposed to be with anyone since Daniel's fate was death. That she would be alone forever, watching her family be with those they loved and cherished everyday for an eternity.

***