14

Brooklyn sat on the small stretcher her father had stood in his home office, Carlisle was currently stitching her arm as she sighed. "What's up?"

"Nothing.." he gave her a look, a simple look in which she knew very well. Whenever she was lying he or Esme knew out of everyone, other than Jasper.
"It's my fault.."

"Wha-"

"When everyone walked away, I handed James the bat and the wind must've blew my way..then he grabbed my arm and you know..Bella could of been hurt as well..because of me and my stupidity!" He finished up stitching her arm as the needle was now back on his work tray, Carlisle sighed and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"It's not your fault! You didn't know what would happen, I'm just glad your safe and that's all that matters right now! Ok..?" She nodded as he smiled and kissed her temple, slowly they both walked down the stairs and into the basement/garage.

Brooklyn sat in the counter as everyone was rushing around, Edward and Bella walked in as the boys were in a deep conversation.

"I've had to fight her kind before..it's not easy to kill!"

"But not impossible! We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces!"

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James!" Brooklyn sat there as Rosalie joined her,

"What happens if he kills one of us?" Brooklyn looked up at her, Jasper immediately sensed her mood drop as he ran up and looked at her.

"We're not gonna die..ok, I'll make sure he doesn't hurt any of us, and most importantly your..and Bella!" She hugged him tightly, holding him for a few minutes as everyone was now ready to go.

Brooklyn hugged her family goodbye and walked up to her room, Carlisle quickly locked the door and window as she sat there. Giving her a quick kiss on the head before he zoomed out.

***

About another hour had past, no one had returned yet so Brooklyn was still in her own in the locked house. She was laying down on her bed, her favourite book in her hand as she just read in peace.

That was until a loud bang came from downstairs, she looked at the door suspicious. Her father told her not to open the door unless someone came to her but when she heard footsteps descending up the stairs, a relieved sigh escaped her lips.

Dropping her book to the side, Brooklyn ran up and unlocked the door quickly. Her smile dropped however, as no one stood there.
"Dad.."

"Not quite!" Brooklyn's head shot behind her, a gasp escaping her lips as James stood there. A grim smile plastered on his face, without another word she ran out the door.

Throwing every object close enough at him, just as she was about to run out the house, Brooklyn felt as someone grabbed the back of her neck tightly. James stood behind her, turning her to face him as he tucked a strand of hair away and stroked her cheek evilly.

"One down..one to go!" He lifted his arm, knocking the sixteen year old out as she fell limp into his arms. James smirked as he ran at his supernatural speed, he wanted to make this game the best one yet.

***

The room was dark, no sound other than the few footsteps.
Brooklyn layed there on the cold hard wooden floor as she opened her eyes slowly, she looked at her surroundings, feeling her breath become more faster than before.

Before she could stand however, a cold hand wrapped itself around her neck as she was pushed back into one of the pillars. James stood there, a smirk plastered on his face.

He held a small phone in his grip,
"..so, you can still save her! Along with little Cullen I have here.." Brooklyn choked on a sob as he smirked evilly at her,

"Don't touch them! W-where should I meet you?"

"How about your old ballet studio? And I'll know if you bring anyone along..poor mummy and baby Cullen would pay the price of that mistake!" He smirked once again, ending the call as Brooklyn gasped once he took his hand away.

Looking up at the blonde vampire, her voice straining as she tried to speak. "a-are you..are you gonna k-kill me?"

"..no!" She sighed in relief as he caressed her cold cheek, her normally tanned skin turning white as his breath touched her skin. "..not yet anyways.."

"W-where's..Bella's mom?" A laugh escaped his lips as she looked at him, fear suddenly overtaking her body as he stepped closer.

"Well..little one! That was just a lie, I know she would have told your pathetic siblings if I just said you..and well..the idea came to mind, out two and two together.." he lifted his arms in the air as her breath quickened,

"So..you want us both here?"

"Well..look at that, your smarter than you look! Once I smelled your..scent!" He leant closer and sniffed, pulling her hair roughly so her head was now to the side, her neck at full view. "..I knew I needed it! That blood..of course you had the vampires scent in you but now..it's gone and I can't wait, to feed on it until the very last drop!" Stepping back, he let go of her hair as she fell to the ground.

Scooting to the side quickly as he laughed at her, "y-you won't get away with this..Bella won't come, my life's nothing to her so your just wasting your time!"

"Yes..but, you see as I told you before. Bella thinks her mother is here, so your just the bait for this fun game!"

With that he stood up and walked to behind the pillar, Brooklyn sat there with her knees up to her chest, sobbing a little.

***