23

A few months had past now, everything and everyone had been going perfect as they could be. The Cullen's had just finally settled into their new life in New York, Edward had been to visit them a few weeks but sort of kept to himself still.

Brooklyn had been doing well, ever since the party she had become good friends with everyone. Esme and Carlisle were more than happy to hear their daughter had actual friends outside of their house.

Currently the young girl was sat in their cafeteria as Jasmin soon joined them all, smiling as she greeted her friends.
"Brooke, do you have those notes from History?"

"Uh yeah, here.." picking up the small book, she handed it to the girl with a smile.

"Thanks!" Daniel smiled as he turned to his friend, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"How is it you know so much about history, but you terrible at everything else?!" Brooklyn fake gasped as they all laughed, Jake soon joined them, glaring at the brown haired boy a little.

"I'm not terrible! I'm passing them aren't I?"

"Fair point Cullen!" Laughing, she bit into her apple as they conversed in their own conversations. "So, I heard this sport agent or somethings coming..said their looking for someone to give a scholarship.."

"Really? Do you think you'd take it?"

"Hell yeah!" She laughed as he hugged her a little, smiling down at her in awe. "..our big games in a few weeks so I'll be able to show him my skills!"

"Well, I'll be there che-" Brooklyn was cut off as Jake suddenly joined in on the conversation,

"So Brooke, was wondering if you could help me with the assignment..?"

"Uh..sure for what?" She asked, trying not to seem rude to the tall blonde.

"History!"

"Oh cool, you can just borrow the notes after Jasmin.." he smirked and leant over the table a little as she leant back,

"Look, I'm failing and your the top of the class. Couldn't you just..tutor me or something?" Daniel went to speak as she sighed and cut him off,

"Sure.."

"Great, your place-"

"No!" They all looked at her in shock and confusion at her sudden outburst, she cleared her throat a little and turned properly to him. "..sorry..it's just, my parents aren't in.."

"What about your brothers..or sisters? Whatever they are.."

"Out to, it's..Rosalie's birthday and their going to clubs and..obviously I can't go..and my parents are on a business trip for my dad.." they all gave her odd looks as she just bit her lip in hope they wouldn't ask questions, instead Jake just smirked at her.

"Well that's better! No one around to..distract us.." his eyes looked her up and down a little, Daniel tensed a little as she just stayed silent.

"My dad gets very overprotective when I bring people home..he only lets me do it when their there.."

"Ok..I'll wait for you and we'll drive to my place!" Smiling, she let out a short breath as they all went back to their previous conversations.

Daniel soon took his glare from the blonde and looked at his friend, "you really going with him?" He whispered as she looked at him.

"He said he needs help studying.."

"Brooke.." looking around, he leant closer as she sat there in dazed at the sudden moment. "..he's sort of known as a player here..goes from girl to girl, never been in a serious relationship."