50. The Joke's on You Dumbass

Jaxon

The look on Lucas's face is pure terror. What the hell is that bastard saying? I just got off the phone with Nate to get his ass down here. I know Lucas is not going to be happy about it. Call it a hunch but I think the man has good intentions. I'm about to walk back over to Lucas when my phone rings again.

Why would he be calling me?

"Jaxon, if you want Lucas to live you need to listen to me.I look back at Lucas who is seething.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Just do as I say Jaxon, please! Craig is setting him up. But if you meet me, we can stop him."

"I need to tell Lucas."

"Don't Jaxon! He will kill us all. Just meet me and we can stop him. I'll text you where we can meet me. I'm not far from where you are...and hurry.He ends the call and I see the text. I look back at Lucas still yelling into his phone. I will do anything to save him. Please forgive me Lucas. I know this is a very bad idea, but I would do anything for him. I take off running as fast as I can. I round the corner of the school and see him. When I hop in his car and slam the door shut, I turn towards him, and glare at the man.

"You better start fucking talking George right the fuck now!"

The man looks nervous as hell. His hands shake on the steering wheel as he drives off. He tells me everything that has transpired. From Craig taking his daughter to setting up the accident, to Craig having cameras in their house. If this fucker wasn't driving, I would kill him myself.

"I'm so sorry that my cousin has gone this far." I snap my head towards him. "You're what?!" He pulls up to a warehouse and puts the car in park. He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "My cousin is fucking crazy, and I'm sorry for everything. I truly am."

Next thing I feel is a blow to the head and everything goes black.

Where the fuck am I?

I open my eyes and stare straight into my lover's eyes. Lucas starts struggling against the chair he's in. I start trying to move my hands and feet but can't the ropes are way too tight.

"Well, isn't this sweet. Tell me Lucas what will you do to save your fagot boyfriend's life." Craig sneers at Lucas as he walks up to me and yanks my head back by my hair. I wish I could punch this fucker again. I will not show this motherfucker any fear. Craig comes up behind me and puts his arms around me. It's the same way I love Lucas holding onto me, but I just want his grimy hands off me. I feel a prick at my chest and see a knife against my heart. I hear muffled screaming and see Lucas struggling to get free.

Craig waves the knife around tsking at Lucas. "Or better yet let's play a little game. Oh, how I love games." He starts to cackle and then the bastard George comes in with Sheila. The look on Lucas's face is of pure betrayal. I hate that he has been let down so many damn times in his life. 

Craig pushes her on the ground between us. Her eyes go wide realizing who is in the room.

"Where's my daughter?" George sneers at Craig.

"Backpacking through Europe." He starts laughing even harder. "God you are an idiot, George. I never had Sasha. I just gave her money for her trip. I told her that I would tell both you and Natalie where she was. I've had my eye on her the whole time." His phone dings and he pulls it out and looks at it. "Look at that perfect timing." He shows a picture of a girl about our age sitting with some friends in front of a cafe.

"B-but I saw."

"You saw what I wanted you to see."

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" George lunges towards Craig, but Craig had a gun behind his back. He pulled it out and shot George in the chest. Sheila starts screaming, and I'm doing what I can to loosen these damn ropes.

"Now where was I... Oh yes! We are going to play a game of Russian Roulette. See who lives and who dies." Craig walks up to Lucas and yanks the tape off his mouth. "You kill us you won't get shit!" Lucas yells and Craig laughs again. I swear if I get loose, I'm going to make sure the bastard can't open his mouth again.

"Oh, you all are going to die. I made sure my cousin took care of that. He forged everything. Now, like he took care of...you know what that doesn't matter anymore. That problem was resolved a long time ago." What the hell is he talking about? "Now everything will be all mine if you die."

This is not good at all.

What shocks me the most is Lucas's hysterical laugh.

"You're a fucking idiot Craig. The joke's on you, dumbass." I look at Lucas with wide eyes, and the asshole winks at me. What the hell is he up to? "You see Craig I'm not fucking stupid as you may think. I took a precaution if anything ever happened to me or Jaxon. If we die, there is a certain way to authenticate the documents. So, you'll never get your fucking hands on anything."

Holy shit!

Craig lunges for Lucas and knocks him to the ground. As Craig is occupied trying to choke Lucas I'm struggling to get loose, when I feel the ropes loosen. I see Sheila trying to help me. I see Lucas struggling to breathe when I'm finally free and I slam right into Craig. I hit him over and over again.

"Didn't I tell you before." I hit him again. "Never... Touch... My... Fucking... Boyfriend... Motherfucker!" Between each word I land a punch to his face until I finally have my hands around his neck. All I see is red and I just want this fucker to die. I hear footsteps but I don't stop until someone pulls me off him.

"Let me go! I'm going to kill him!"

"I think he is pretty much there, son." I turn around and see Nate and Jenkins there. "I'm good, I'm good." I put my hands up as I back away. When they let go of me, I run over to him and kick him in the stomach and stomp on his dick.

Fucker deserves worse.

"Jaxon"

I turn around and see him struggling to stand up. I rush over to him and pull him towards me.

"Lucas"

"I'm okay babe." He runs his hands over my face. "Don't ever do that again." His lips connect with mine and I'm so glad he's alright. When we pull apart, I see Nate holding onto a crying Sheila and Jenkins is on his phone. Craig is still knocked out; I turn my attention back to Lucas and smile at him. I'm so fucking thankful he is okay.

"So, what you told Craig, is that true?" He shakes his head and laughs. "I was completely bullshitting."

"You crazy son of a bitch." I pull him into a hug, then everything happens so fast I can't register it quick enough. Lucas spins me around; I hear a bang then a whole bunch of commotion behind me. But my attention is on Lucas clutching onto me. "Everything is okay now Jaxon." I move my hand down his back and I feel something that shouldn't be there. When I pull my hand back, I see blood.

"No Lucas! Somebody Help!"