27. Escape from Reality

Lucas

The following weeks after Marc showed up things have been crazy. The next morning, we went to the police and told them everything. They went to Marc as well as arrested Nicholas. It's being considered a hate crime, because of my sexuality. He confessed that it was a man who recruited him. The man he described sounded a lot like my father, but he gave Nick a different name.

Thinking that it could be my parents, to having it confirmed broke me. I mean I knew they were never loving parents, but I just was hoping it wasn't true. I lost it when they exhumed Kayla's body to make sure she truly died from cardiac arrest. At this point I really didn't trust anyone, except for Jaxon. Now we are just waiting for the results.

"We need to get away Lucas." Jaxon says as he lays his head on my chest. I just love the feel of his body against mine. He lifts his head up and stares into my eyes. "We need this baby. After everything that's happened since we been together, we need some peace."

Jaxon's idea of getting away was perfect. Otherwise waiting would have drove me mad. So here we are at my grandparent's cabin enjoying our alone time. I am so grateful that he mentioned getting away. An escape from our reality...to just be us is perfect.

"Jaxon will you hurry your ass up!' I have been tapping my foot for the past ten minutes waiting for his slow ass. "Fucking chill babe. We have all the time in the world right now." He walks towards me with the biggest smile I have ever seen. I can't help but smile back. "You're right, but we need to go before the sun sets. There is something I want to show you."

"It can wait one moment." I'm about ready to argue when he pulls me into his body and presses his lips to mine. "Much better." Jax smiles at me and takes my hand. "C'mon slow poke, don't want to ruin your surprise for me." I gape at him, and his grin is just infectious. Shaking my head, I laugh, and we head out. "You cocky son of a bitch."

"I love you too cock sucker."

I guide him to where I want to take him, it's my favorite spot here. I look at his handsome face and laugh. "You know you are a cock sucker too."

"Hmmm you know it. Never knew I would love cock so much until you came along." I stop and he looks at me confused when I don't say anything. "What's wrong Lucas?" I smile and pat his cheek. "Nothing we are here." Jax turns around and is staring at the purple weeping willow trees that has a small lake on the other side. "How did I not see this?" He says in awe as he looks around. "You were too busy looking at all of this." I take my hand and rake it over my body, with a cocky grin.

"Who's the cocky asshole now?" He throws his head back and laughs. It feels so good to be carefree and not have to worry about everything. Even if it is just for a little bit. "How did you find this place?" Jax asks as he still looks around in awe.

I sit down on the grass and Jaxon sits right next to me. He leans his head on my shoulder as I sigh. "Kayla and I discovered this place one time when we were exploring the property. My grandparents took us in a lot when we were younger. They loved taking us here during the summer. It was always good to escape from my parents, well because they are my parents. I wish they could just have been able to take care of us, but their health was not the best. But when they did feel good, that is when we came here."

I look up to the sky and smile thinking back on those memories. A tear slips down my face thinking of my sister. Jaxon rubs his thumb on my face to wipe away the tear. "I miss her too Lucas."

"I know, it's just not fair." I shake my head because I don't want to put a damper on our time here. I point to the tree on the far left, there is a rope hanging from it. "Kayla use to try to get me off that rope any way she could. One time she threatened to cut the rope, because she couldn't do the tricks I could off of it. She said I looked like a damn monkey hanging off that rope. So, this is one of my special spots. I just loved swinging off of it and landing in the lake, but she was always scared that I would hurt myself."

Jaxon moves and is sitting behind me so he can wrap his arms around me. I lean into his chest and feel like I finally belong somewhere...that I matter. My parents really fucked me up. The only person that made me feel like I ever belonged in this world was Kayla, after my grandparents died. As I look at Jax I am so grateful that he makes me feel alive again.

"What's another special place for you Lucas?" Jax trails his fingers down my face. I love the feel of his touch. "Any place that you are is special to me. I've never had that feeling before, except for Kayla and my grandparents." I twist my body so I'm facing him. "When I met you, I just felt this strong attraction to you unlike any other. The first time we kissed." He moves his lips to mine, and I get lost in him again like I have since the beginning. "I couldn't get you out of my head."

"It was the same for me too." Jax leans his forehead against mine. It feels like my heart is beating out of my chest. I look into his eyes as I put my hand on his heart. I can feel how fast his heart is beating too. "Move in with me Jaxon." His eyes go wide, and I bite my lip scared that maybe I am moving too fast. We have only been together for six months now, maybe I am moving too fast, so I backtrack. "You don't have to if you don't want to." Jaxon kisses my lips and then smiles at me with eyes shining so bright. "We already live together dork." I shake my head again. "I'm not moving back into the football house. I want you to move into my house. If it's too soon I understand."

"I want to Lucas. I don't know how to sleep without you anymore." Jaxon smirks at me, "besides we can fuck anywhere we want without any disruptions." I launch myself onto him and we fall back into the soft grass both laughing. "I love you Jaxon." I move his hair out of his face. "I love you, Lucas." He looks up and his eyes go wide, and I turn to see what he is looking at. The sun has set and there are fireflies everywhere. It gives a soft glow all around us. "I can see why you like this place, it's pretty cool."

"Just wait you haven't seen anything yet." I get up and start taking my clothes off. I see Jaxon's eyes roam all over my body. His eyes are only for me and mine for him. He starts taking his clothes off and I do appreciate his fine body. He walks up to me just as he is about to devour me from the look in his eyes, I take off running stark ass naked.

"What the fuck Lucas?"

I laugh as I jump into the lake as soon as I emerge from the water, I hear a splash. I turn around and Jaxon pulls me flush to his body. "That was very bad Lucas, teasing me like that." He wraps his arms around my neck and nibbles on my skin. "You had me thinking we were going to fuck." I raise an eyebrow at him. "Who said we weren't? Trust me we will break in every room at the cabin and even outside. It's just us here Jaxon."

He looks around and we see the moon reflecting off the lake. He looks at me and smiles. I can see in his eyes that he truly loves me. I'm the luckiest son of a bitch right now. "Always Lucas." We float around in the water holding onto each other. It doesn't always have to be sex between us. Even though that is one great aspect that is part of our relationship. Moments like these are the best. I move the hair from his eyes, he smiles at me, the smile that he only shows me. " I am so damn glad that we fucked Stacy together, I almost chickened out."

The shock in his expression is almost comical. "I thought you wanted to." I shake my head, "honestly it was you that intrigued me the most. Every time you were near me, you just pulled me in no matter what it was you did." He moves the hair out of my eyes as we stand in the shallow part of the lake, with water up to our chests. Jaxon cups my face and looks directly in my eyes. "I was excited about that night. It started out wanting to be with her, but like I said before it was that damn kiss." He closes his eyes like he is thinking of that night, he opens his eyes, and they have the sparkle in them again. "I could have just been with you after that moment. I think...no I know now that I only kept going was because of you. When our eyes locked, I imagined us alone. It will always only be you, Lucas."

When he leans in and kisses me, I finally feel like I am home where I belong. I just hope that it always will feel like this.