45. This Can't Be Real

Lucas

When will shit ever be normal. I laugh because it's never going to be normal, not in my life. I just want to be able to enjoy my life without the trouble of my parents. As we sit in Jenkins office my knee starts bouncing up and down. Jaxon puts a hand on my leg, just his touch helps soothes my nerves.

I'm so grateful for him still being here after all the shit we have been through.

"I do not want you to do anything. I am working on it. So, this plan of yours to draw them out stops now." Jenkins looks at Kate, it's almost comical to see their stare down...almost. "My boys are in danger! I am not going to sit idly by while some Asshole tries to kill them again!"

"We are working on it, ma'am."

"Well, it needs be taken care of like yesterday! Or so help me I will bring this whole damn town to its knees." Damn Kate is a bad ass. I look at Jaxon and mouth 'wow' he beams at me and mouths 'I told you.' He interlaces his hand with my mine, and I'm thankful he's by my side. Jenkins clears his throat and nods his head." I understand, but the reason I wanted to meet is I do have some news for you." He rubs the back of his neck, and I can see sweat trickling down his forehead. Shit this isn't going to be good. "We had to let Nathaniel go."

Jaxon is on his feet quicker than I can blink. Almost knocking me down in an instant. His grip on my hand tightens and I didn't realize how much strength my man has. "What the fuck do you mean you had to let him go?" Jaxon is ready for a fight, and I have to hold him back. I really don't want to end up in jail again.

"I'm sorry, but he had an alibi."

"This is bullshit!" Jaxon let's go of my hand and starts pacing. Kate puts her hand on his shoulder, but he shrugs it off. "That motherfucker almost killed us. I f-forgot because of h-him." His voice cracks and when I open my arms he doesn't hesitate to lean into my embrace. "Please sit down and let me explain." We all sit down and the detective sighs before he looks at all of us. "The man apparently has a past with Mr. Roberts and Mrs. Roberts and it looks like Craig set him up." I run my hands through my hair, because I'm exhausted from all this. I just want it to be over and move on with our lives.

This shit can't be real.

"What kind of past?"

I look up at the detective exasperated. "Well, um it seems to be that your mother was involved with Mr. Whitaker twenty-one years ago, and they have a history before that and after for a short period of time." I shake my head because I think I know where he is going with this. "So, I had some tests ran and Craig is not your father Lucas. It seems that Nathaniel Whitaker is."

This can't be happening my breathing starts getting shallow. My vision gets blurry, and I hear their voices but can't seem to focus on anything. "Jaxon." I clutch my chest as I try to regulate my breathing. "I got you baby breathe with me." He puts my hand on his chest, and I mimic what he does. I focus on him, and his face looks clearer. "That it I got you." Jaxon says in a calm, soothing voice. I look around and see Kate's worried face, and also Jenkins has a frown on his face. When I look back at Jaxon, he has a smug look on his face.

"What?"

"You know this is something straight out of Star Wars shit." He puts his hands to his mouth and breathes heavily. "Luke I am your father."

"Jaxon!" Kate scolds her son, but I feel my lips twitching. Only this cocky son of a bitch can lighten the mood that I'm feeling right now. "God, you need to lay off of watching Star Wars dork." I chuckle and lean my head on his shoulder. "Thank you, babe."

"Anytime love." He kisses my head and sits back next to me. I look back at Jenkins and nod my head. "I'm good, continue." Jenkins clears his throat, and I see the hesitation in his eyes. "Well, the things is that he is here, and he wants to meet you."

"I don't know." Kate sits on the other side of me and squeezes my hand. "We're here for you Lucas, whatever you choose."

What if he is worse than my fath- I mean Craig?  What do I even fucking say? Thanks for leaving me with that deranged asshole. "He could really help us with finding Craig. But if you're not ready that is fine." Jenkins tone turns to one of concerned older brother might have, if I had one of those.

"No! Let's get this over with." He gets up and puts a hand on my shoulder, Jaxon scowls at that and I squeeze his hand. I bet if Jenkins left his hand there any longer, Jaxon might have done something he would regret. I would probably have to bail his ass out of jail. "Very well I'll be right back." Jenkins gets up and leaves his office.

"When will this shit end." Jaxon and Kate pull me into a hug. I cling onto them trying to fight back tears. A few minutes later the door opens and in walks a man that is supposed to me my father.

"Holy shit!" Jaxon whispers in my ear. "You look like him Lucas." There is no denying it. He is definitely an older version of me with the same eyes, nose and facial features. "This can't be real." He says as he stares at me. "I swear if I've known, I would have" I interrupt him. "I don't care." He slumps his shoulders but at this moment all I feel is anger. Anger for what happened with me and for Kayla. I turn to Jaxon, "Oh my God does that means K-Kayla is not my sister." I feel the first tear slip down my face. This is worse than anything they could have put me through.

"Lucas" I snap my head to Jenkins just as I feel Jax's hand on mine again. "Kayla is your sister."

"How would you know? She's fucking dead!"

"Well, when we exhumed her body, they had to take skin samples." I flinch at that; I didn't want to know what they had to do. "She is definitely your sister. Same mother and same father."

"What?" My head snaps to Nathaniel and I glare at him. "So let me get this straight. You knocked my mother up not once but twice." I get up and shove him. "Yet you knew nothing about either of us." I get ready to throw a punch, but Jax stops me.

"I swear I didn't know." I want to knock this motherfucker out. "We need to hear him out Lucas to figure all this shit out." Jaxon pulls me back to sit down and wraps his arms around me. Then Kate speaks up. "I want to see all documentations. Even though he looks like Lucas, I want it confirmed in front of my eyes. I do not trust anyone anymore when it comes to protecting my boys."

Jenkins hands her a folder of papers and she goes through all of them. "Your boys. Who are you?" Nathaniel speaks up and really looks at the three of us. "Kate is my boyfriend's mother." I speak up and finally look at him. No matter what Kate sees in those papers, I know he is my father. We just look too much alike to deny it

"Boyfriend?" He looks at me and Jaxon and I think it finally clicks in his brain. "Oh"

I clench and unclench my fists. "Are you just like my piece of shit father" I shake my head, the headache is pounding away at my brain. This is too much. "I meant homophobic Craig. Jaxon is my boyfriend, he's my future and I don't give a shit what anyone thinks or says." He shakes his head and I see a smile form on his face. "I have no problem with it."

"Like I give a shit what you would think. You're just a fucking stranger." I see the sorrow and pain in his eyes. I should feel bad for what I said, but I'm just speaking the truth. "I'm sorry about that." I need to get out of here. I can feel another panic attack ready to come. My anxiety level is through the fucking roof, I grab Jaxon's hand again.  He starts rubbing circles that is soothing and I remember to breathe regular.

"Start talking I want to hear everything now. Before I beat the shit out of you, worse than anything Craig ever did to me."