17. Saying Goodbye

Warning: There will be some slander and violence in this chapter. I promise it's only in one part of it not throughout the whole chapter.           

                                                                               Lucas

I have been dreading this day. Today is the day I have to say goodbye to Kayla. How do you say goodbye to someone that meant the world to you? I untangle myself from Jaxon and get up slowly and walk towards the bathroom. I don't feel like myself. I've been zombified, moving as slow as molasses. I turn to look at Jaxon in his sleeping form and I'm thankful for him being by my side. I get in the shower and let the hot water cascade down my body and that's when I break. I start crying for my baby sister, for myself and for Jaxon. He shouldn't have to be the one holding me together, but he is. I feel two strong arms wrap around me. I turn around in his arms and just hold him as tight as I can and cry more.

"I don't know how to say goodbye Jax."

"I know baby, it's going to be an extremely emotional day." He cups my face and I see the tears slide down his face. I wipe the tears off his handsome face. "We'll get through this together Lucas, I promise." He kisses my lips so tenderly as more tears slip down my face. I feel my walls closing in again and I grip onto his arms tightly.

"Breathe for me babe, in and out just like last time. Let's get out of the shower before the water gets cold." I don't let go of his arms until he picks me up and carries me to my bed and sits me down on his lap. "Look at me Lucas." When I do, he smiles so brightly. "There's those gorgeous hazel eyes. They leave me so damn breathless and has hypnotized my soul. Don't leave me baby." I give him a perplexed look. "Why would I do that?"

"It's just when this happens it feels like you're slipping away." I can see the fear in his eyes, and I hate that I caused it. I put my head on his shoulder and relax. "I need just a moment."

"Take your time." I realize we are still naked, and I feel his dick poking my ass and I moan.

"I know what you're thinking and it's not going to happen. Not today baby. Our heads are not in the right space for that." I look up at him and bust out laughing. "Your head is definitely in the right space."

"That's not what I... fuck! Damn you. Why do I always fuck up what I mean to say around you?"

I laugh some more, and I let go of his neck and hold my stomach he moves, and I fall off his lap. I land with a thud on the floor and Jax starts laughing.

"That's what you get for making me feel like an idiot." He puts his hand out and I pull him to me, and he lands on top of me. "I always fall for you Lucas." He moves the hair out of my face and kisses my lips quickly and gets up. His dick is standing at attention.

"Not now Lucas." My smile fades. I know he's right even if I want a distraction, it's not fair to use him like that. "I know." He holds out his hand again and this time I take it. All our playful banter disappears.

"We need to get ready baby." He caresses my cheek and I turn my head and kiss his wrist.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye Jaxon."

"Neither am I love."

We get dressed and put our suits on. My hands start to shake as we start walking out the door. Jaxon pulls me to him, and I lean into him. When we get downstairs, and the guys are all dressed in suits.

"What's going on?" Chris steps up and speaks. "Not all of us knew your sister, but I speak for all of us, we would like to be there for support if you let us."