"You okay J?" Pope asked, his eyebrows furrowing as the blonde kept his eyes on June. Finally he moved, the boy dropping to one knee in front of her, John Bs eyes widening  as he realized what was happening. He thought back to their conversation in the crate,  a smile immediately coming to his lips as he watched JJ speak.

"Uh, Okay so...June Carly March, I love you so much that it hurts. N-now I don't have anything to offer you but this seashell I picked up on the way over here, and me of course but I just wanted to know if maybe you wanted to you know...Uh...like g-get married or some shit?" JJ stuttered out, the circle of teens erupting into gasps and smiles. June's eyes widened, shock taking over her, the girl biting back a smile as she immediately thought of a perfect response.

"I just don't think I'm ready for that type of commitment JJ." She quoted him, his face dropping as he remembered when he had said that. He blinked a few times, listening as groans sounded from around the fire, all of them biting back laughs as they cringed.

"Alright I deserve that. That's fine. Maybe next time-" June launched forwards, grabbing the seashell from his hand and pulling him into a hug. She laughed as they fell to the ground, the boy feeling insane relief in his body as he  hugged her.

"Is that a yes?" Pope spoke up, hoping that for JJs sake that it was a yes. June laughed once again, happy tears in her eyes as JJ held her to him so ridiculously close. She pulled back, grabbing his face in her hands and giving him the brightest smile she could possibly give him. They all leaned closer, waiting rather impatiently for the answer. JJs eyes were wide and hopeful as her lips parted, his heart beating ridiculously in his chest as true nerves continued to hit him.

"Yes! I'd love to get married or some shit." June teased, JJs face breaking into the widest smile any of them had ever seen. He immediately buried his face into her chest, the boy standing from his kneeled position and pulling her up from the log. He spun her around, everyone around the fire clapping as she shrieked. Finally he sat her back down, JJ looking down at her in awe and wonder as he realized that she was going to be his wife. She was going to be his, forever.

"Kiss her you idiot!" Kie shouted, all of them nodding as they cheered them on. JJ looked back at June shrugging as his hands fell to her waist.

"Well I guess we gotta give the people what they want." June said, her eyes twinkling as the others started to chant 'kiss her'.

"They're so needy." JJ joked, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips.  The group cheered once again, everyone feeling quite content in that moment as they watched the pure joy between them.

"Our baby is all grown up." Pope said, putting a hand over his heart as he looked at John B. John B wiped his eyes, his lip jutting out as the two pulled apart from their kiss. JJ and June smile at one another again, the goofiest grin breaking out across JJs lips as he looked at his future, standing right in front of him.

"June Carly Maybank. It has a nice ring to it don't you think?" JJ said as June sat back down on the log, the boy dropping down beside her. She chuckled, wrapping her arm around his and leaning on his shoulder, enjoying the love and excitement of being in this moment.

"It's better than June March. My parents really did me dirty with that one." The conversations on the group had all started again, JJ letting out a laugh as he felt his nerves start to settle. He couldn't believe she had said yes to someone like him, June March and JJ Maybank were gonna get married.

"I just want to know if you have ever had an original thought or if you get all of your ideas from me and John B." Sarah laughed out, John B pressing a kiss to the side of her head, a smile on his lips as he shrugged at the two of them.

"I'm pretty sure John B said something about a double wedding. You cool with that?" JJ said, the fire crackling as the teens laughed at the possibility of a double wedding. That would go wrong in so so many different ways.

"Okay now it hurts to be single." Tyler said, shaking his head as he looked across the fire. He caught an unexpected eye, Kie giving him a tight smile as he spoke. He turned his attention to Cleo who was beside him, his head tilting as he looked at her.

"Cleo will you marry me?" He said, the girl instantly breaking into a fit of ridiculous laughter.

"Absolutely not man. You're weird." She said, holding her chest as she continued to laugh. The look on Tyler's face was enough for everyone to start laughing again, Pope putting John B in a headlock as JJ stood.

"Hey not everyone can be me!" JJ said, extending his arms. June looked at him from her spot, feeling her heart flutter just at the sight of him. He looked back down at her, the look on his face making tears swell in her eyes as she finally answered the question she had been plagued with. The one thing she always wanted to know.

Home was never where her house was, where her parents were, where she was born. Home was him, and it had been him since the second he had showed up. Home was JJ Maybank.

____________

Well guys, Complicated has come to an end. I hope that you enjoyed it, I hope you laughed, cried, and felt during it and that the end was satisfying for you. June is my baby, I'm glad you guys stuck with her during her bad parts and saw it through, remember that she'll always end up back home. I'm gonna miss writing her so much, you guys don't even know. But this is what I get for binge writing this book, the end came faster than I expected.  Don't forget about me.

As promised I will be having another outerbanks fic coming out, (probably later today ngl) and I have Heat Waves which is an already published Rafe fic. but please don't forget about my bby June, we'll see her again. Season 3. See you in a year.

Also I've decided to bless you all with a jjune bonus chapter 😏😏 and a june and Rafe bonus chapter 😏 (based on when they were together)

One more thing—I had the idea that maybe a prequelish style book could be made, a June x Rafe two years before book where it explains what went down with them, how it ended etc. I'm not entirely sure but let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.

Thank you for everything and I hope you keep jjune in your heart just like I do. I love you my beautiful readers. Goodbye Complicated. See you soon!!