067. ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ

2x17 Know They Enemy
(TW: Mention of Suicide)

Kalani sits on the couch as she looks through a magazine before the door opens revealing Stefan and Damon, with Elena behind them. Kalani puts the magazine down before getting up. "Hey," she says before Damon picks Elena.

"Take care of your annoying sister," he says throwing Elena at the blonde who catches her. "Damon!" Elena scolds as Kalani smiles. "Catch!" She says before throwing the girl back to Damon who catches. "Guys," Elena says before Damon throws her back to Kalani. "Just put her down," Stefan speaks up. "Fine," Kalani says before putting Elena down.

"I have to go," Elena says looking at the group. "I'll go with," Kalani says before the two drive to the Lockwood house. When they get there Elena does a speech before everyone starts heading out to see John on the ground with a bloody neck. "Shit," Kalani says before heading back to see Elena on the phone. "We gotta get out of here," she says as Elena nods before hanging up.

They head out before Kalani grabs the girl by the throat. "Where is she?" She asks slamming her against the car. "How did you know it was me?" Katherine asks as Kalani lets her go. "I know Elena. Now, where is she?" Kalani asks before she feels a sting in her stomach. She looks down to see a needle being removed from her stomach before she falls back but Katherine catches her.

»»»

Kalani opens her eyes to see Max sitting next to her. "What happened? Where's Elena?" She asks getting up. "You're okay and she's okay," Max says placing his hand on her cheek. "What's wrong? I feel like something's wrong," Kalani says as Max nods.

"Isobel killed herself," Max says as Kalani frowns. "It's okay to be upset," he says as she shakes her head. "No, because if im upset im saying she meant something to me and that would mean im betraying my parents. The people who took care of me. They were here for me, not Isobel. She was never here for me, she left. She wasn't my mother. She was nothing to me. I don't care about her," Kalani says as a tear rolls down her cheek. "Oh, Kal," Max says pressing her forehead against hers as she closes her eyes.