003. ᴛᴜʀᴛʟᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋ

1x2 The Night Of The Comet

Kalani stands by her locker humming as Virginia takes out her books. "Hmm, I'm no longer hungover," she says before humming again. "Can you stop?" Virginia asks as Kalani opens her eyes. "You know I have three life rules. Number one, if you sleep with two people who have the same name they cancel each other out and lower your body count," Virginia explains.

"Number two, being hungover is a state of mind, get over that shit and number three, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing," she adds. "What about the fuck men thing?" Virginia questions. "That's not a life rule, that's another state of mind," Kalani explains. "Ugh, men," Virginia says with a grunt. "I hate men," Kalani adds.

"All of us?" A voice asks as Kalani turns to see Alexander. "Alexander!" She yells before jumping him. "Okay, crazy," he says wrapping his arms around her waist. "I missed you," she says pulling away. "I missed you guys too," he says before tapping Virginia on the shoulder. "Never do that again," she says as he removes his hand from her shoulder.

"How was horse camp?" Kalani questions. "Weird but fun," Alexander says opening his locker seeing pictures of himself and the girls on the door. "I took notes for you," Virginia says handing Alexander a notepad. "Thanks," he says putting it in his bag. "I'm glad you came back in one piece," Kalani speaks up. "I promised I would," he says smiling at her.  "And you're avoiding the question. Do you hate all of us?" Alexander questions. "Yeah, fuck you," she says as he laughs.

"You spent all summer telling me about how you miss him. I don't understand why you would miss him when you have me, the better twin," Virginia says smiling. "He has better taste than you," Kalani says before looking at their outfits. Virginia wore a flowy green dress with flower print and a pair of Dr. Martens where Alexander wore a dark blue turtle neck, jeans, and his letterman jacket.

"You look like Anne of green gables and you look like a jock with a nice turtle. Like, that's a really nice turtle neck," she says pushing her hair back. "Okay but you look like you're still going through your middle school emo phase," Virginia says as Kalani laughs.  "First of all, I am a jock, and secondly, thank you," Alexander says closing his locker before the bell rings. "Saved by the bell," he adds before the three walk to their class.