013. ᴄᴜʀʟʏ

1x5 You're Undead To Me

Kalani walks up to the cell to see Zach standing there. "Don't let it bother you," she says pulling him away. "Uncle Stef and I are gonna be gone all day so you need to stay away from the crazy vampire in our basement," Kalani explains.

"Promise me you'll stay away," she says as he nods. "Fine, I promise," he says as she hugs him. "Bye dad," she says before picking up her bag from the ground. "I'm leaving. See you later," she says before walking away. She picks up the twins before they head to school. "Eww, straight things," Alexander says as they walk past Stefan and Elena. "They heard you," Kalani says pulling the two and running off.

They stop before laughing. "So many straight people. They're surrounding us," Kalani says looking around before she makes eye contact with Bonnie. "I'm gonna go say good day to her," Kalani says before running up to the girl. "Bonnie Bennet, my savior," she says wrapping her arms around Bonnie's waist as swinging the girl around causing her to laugh. "Kalani Salvatore, my best friend," Bonnie says with a smile.

"Always, just don't tell the twins," she whispers in Bonnie's ear who lets out a small laugh. "Promise. As long as you don't tell Elena and Caroline," Bonnie says holding up her pinky. "I pinky swear," Kalani says linking her pinky with Bonnie's.

After a second they get thrown with a bucket of water as they turn to see Alexander. "Oops," he says with a smile. "Asshole," Kalani grunts pushing her hair out of her face. "Sorry," Alexander says with a smile before running off. "I'm gonna dry up but I'll see you later," Kalani says before a smile comes on her lips.

"What?" Bonnie asks as Kalani moves a piece of the girl's hair behind her ear. "Your hair is pretty when it goes all curly. You should wear it like that more often if you want to because it's all up to you. I'm rambling so I'm gonna go," Kalani says with a laugh. "Thanks," Bonnie says with a smile as Kalani walks away.

Later she walks into her house before tossing her bag on the ground. "Dad!" She calls walking into the kitchen. "I'm hungry!" She says before walking to his room. "Demon? Is my dad here?" Kalani asks walking to the cell to see the door open.

"Dad," she says seeing his body on the ground blood coming from his neck before she slips on his blood and falls down next to him as her head hits against the cold ground. A sob escapes her lips as she turns to look into Zach's eyes. Stefan rushes in before helping the girl up. "Come here," he says pulling her close to him as she cries into his shoulder.