041. ʜᴏᴍᴇ

Kalani walks around the festival before Max runs up to her. "Let's go," he says picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. "What are you doing?" She asks as takes her inside the grill before putting her down before a loud ring goes through their ears. Before Kalani can make any sound Max pulls her into a hug. "My head is about to explode," she says as he bites down on his teeth.

"We have to go," he says as she nods before they walk out. "It hurts," Kalani says as tears form in her eyes. "It's okay," he says before a cop runs up to him and injects him with something. "What are doing?" He asks before throwing the man against a wall. "Guys let's go," Elena says as she and Ric walk up to them holding Stefan before they head downstairs somewhere.

"The cops have been injecting everyone who flinches with vervain," Ric explains as Max lets out a groan. "That's why it didn't work with me," he says as Kalani pulls him into a hug before crying into his shoulder as he rests his head on her shoulder.

Suddenly the pain stops as Kalani lets out a breath. "Are you okay?" She asks looking at Max who nods. "Where's Damon?" She asks getting up. "We're gonna go find him," Max says getting up too before wiping Kalani's tears away as she wipes his away too. "We're going," she says before they walk out. "I smell smoke. They must be burning them," Max says as Kalani nods before they follow the smoke.

"Soon they're standing in front of a house that's on fire with Bonnie. "I'm going in," Kalani says before Max and Bonnie grab each of her arms. "You can't do this," Bonnie says as Kalani faces her. "I can't let someone else die so please let me go. Both of you," Kalani says as Max lets her go. "I'll go with you," Max says as she shakes her head. "You're staying. You're not gonna die in there," she says as he shakes his head. "No," he says as she takes his hand. "I'll come back. I promise," she says as he groans. "Kalani-" he says as she cuts him off. "I swear I will come back. I'll never leave you," she says as he nods.

"Please don't go," Bonnie says as Kalani removes Bonnie's hand from her arm.
"I have to," she says before running in. She follows the smoke before seeing a door. She tries to open it but it's too hot so she kicks the door down. She rushes downstairs to see the place on fire. "Kalani!" Damon yells as Kalani coughs before rushing to help him up. The fire goes down a little for her to speed them out. They walk out as Damon falls down and Kalani coughs before seeing Stefan and Elena waiting with Bonnie and Max.

"You shouldn't have done that," Bonnie says as Kalani takes off her jacket that slightly melted. "I guess your vision was wrong," Kalani says before falling but Max catches her. "It's okay," he says as she coughs. "I'm okay," she says resting her head on his shoulder. "Let me help," Bonnie says but Kalani holds her hand out. "I just want to go home," she says as Max picks her up. "It's okay," he says before carrying her away.