012. ғᴀɪɴᴛ

Kalani walks into the party with Bonnie and the twins as pushes her hair out of her face. "Oh, mini quiches," Alexander says as he and Kalani take a few from the plate. "Please don't shove them in your mouths like animals," Virginia says as Bonnie laughs.

"Scouts honor," Kalani says holding one out for Bonnie. "Thank you," the Bennet girl says before they eat their quiches. "Let's look around," Kalani says holding her hand out before Bonnie and the twins go to take it. "Sorry hand cramp," she says shaking her hand. "Let's go," she says before the group walk away.

After a while of looking around Alexander goes off to talk to Elena's aunt and Virginia goes to talk to Damon, Elena, Stefan, and Caroline. "Hey, wanna go outside?" Kalani asks looking at Bonnie. "Okay," Bonnie says before they head out. They walk up to a bench before sitting down.

"The stars are so beautiful," Bonnie says looking up. "Yeah, they're perfect," Kalani says moving her head back and pushing her fingers through her blonde hair. "This is better than the party. It was all stuffy but I just feel free here," Kalani says closing her eyes. "I get that," Bonnie says moving closer to the blonde.

"I don't think it is being outside that makes me feel free, I think it's being with you. It feels like we're kids again," Kalani says opening her eyes and facing Bonnie.

They smile at each other before Kalani's eyes fall on Caroline and Damon. "Could you get me a drink, please?" She asks smiling at Bonnie. "Be right back," Bonnie says getting up before walking away. Damon bites Caroline before drinking her blood. They both fall down before Kalani rushes up to them. She closes her eyes before falling on her knees next to Caroline.

She presses the girl's scarf on her wound before she feels blood touch her. "I got this," Stefan says as she nods before walking to a bush and throwing up. "Hey! I didn't faint!" She says wiping her mouth and turning to Stefan to see blood dripping from Caroline's neck. "Oh no," she says turn around before throwing up again.

Stefan picks Damon up as Kalani whips her tears away. "Leave her here okay," Stefan says as Kalani nods before walking away. Bonnie comes back and hands her a drink. "Thanks," Kalani says taking a big gulp of the drink before rinsing her mouth and spitting the water out. "Are you okay?" Bonnie asks as Kalani finishes the rest of the water. "Good, we should go home," she says taking Bonnie's hand and pulling her away.