He lets go and shakes his hands. Doesn't seem like the door is going to open anytime soon, so I just plop myself on the ground. I lie down, and rest my hands on my stomach.

I watch as he struggles and I can't help but laugh.

"Just let me help." I deadpan but he shoots me a glare and I lie back down.

"Fine." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

A few more grunts and hard breathing from Sawyer and finally he pries it open. I hold back from saying a smart remark and follow him down a winding stair case.

"What is this place?" It's a little dark and it smells like dirt.

Sawyer moves his hand along the wall when he finally feels something he stops. He flickers a light switch on and a bunch of lamps in a row turn on. It's dimly lit, almost feels like we're in a cave.

"Cool." I whisper. I walk ahead of him wanting to know what's down here.

I finally make it to the bottom and it's like a man cave. It's one large room with old furniture, a tv, and a foosball table.

"Why?" I question. They can have all of this inside their already large house, castle thing.

Sawyer isn't behind me but I still explore a little more. It's like a secret club house down here.

"We used to hang out down here as kids." Sawyers voice startles me. He starts removing the dusty white fabric from off the couches.

I realize that this is Sawyers safe place. He brought me to his safe place. The cliffs are Joseph's safe place.

I sit down on the couch as Sawyer kind of picks up.

"Haven't been down here in ages." He takes a seat beside me. I didn't think he would sit this close to me and I'm hyper aware of his leg touching mine. He's looking around, reminiscing.

"Hey, are you okay?" I softly ask. He snaps his head to me and he gives me a warm smile.

"Sorry, just remembering all the stupid shit we would do." He does a sad chuckle and I nod.

"Are you okay?" I ask again, he hasn't answered my question. He turns to me again, and I see sadness fill his eyes.

"You don't trust me..." I playfully say, copying his words from earlier.

"There's just a lot." He says. "I know all of this looks really bad, I'm just trying to get my shit together." He says. His eyes water and I'm not sure if he's angry or sad. He seems almost determined.

I don't know what to say to that. It seems like he has everything together. He looks like he has no problems in the world, but he does. I just don't know what it is.

"Remember how you saw us married?" He asks. I nod, not sure where this is going. He runs his hands through his hair. "So much happens." He repeats, and I furrow my brow, confused.

"What stuff?" I ask, he's scaring me.

"I try keeping you safe, protected. But nothing works."

"What happens? Do I die?" I question.

He shakes his head, "I can't." He croaks.

"Sawyer, it's okay. You can tell me." I grab his hand and squeeze it and he squeezes it harder.

"It's such bullshit!" He yells and throws a glass vase at the wall. It shatters everywhere and I stand up.

He stands up and starts looking around for something. "It isn't here! It isn't here!" He says as he opens drawers and cabinets. He's breathing hard and panicking and I just stand there and watch. He finally falls to the floor, angry. He's heaving and crying, he rubs his hands through his hair repeatedly.