Twenty Four - Willa

Start from the beginning

It was about time everyone stopped treating me like a child.

In a little over a month's time, I would go through a ceremony to restore my magic, gifts or abilities, whatever you wanted to call them. And what if, like Ember, that would mean the soul or part of a soul... our goddess's soul, Luna, would become a part of me... or would she become me? Or I her?

No. I shook my head. Ember had died briefly, or had that been planned too? Had this Selene manipulated the situation and ceased her moment?

My head spun with differing scenarios, and it was truly the first time that all my options appeared out of my control. I had no choice in this. Did I?

Argh... I knew little to nothing and sitting here would not answer my questions. And keeping me and Sylar apart would cause more harm than good—of that, I was sure.

Which brought me full circle back to Cassius and what was his problem with Sylar? I'd felt his anger towards him before Ember had appeared. It was the first thing I'd sensed when Sylar had pulled me from the water.

What right did he have to keep us apart? I'd heard him issue the command to Seth, Noah, and Nile just before he jumped into the portal.

And the more it swirled around my head—the angrier I became.

Well, today was the first day in taking control of my life. Rising from my bed, I stomped toward the door, yanking it open to find Nile stood on guard, arms folded across his enormous chest as his eyebrow cocked.

Oh, please...

"Morning Willa. Everything okay? Need anything?" His eyebrows furrowed as his eyes flicked over my appearance.

Wolfsbane.  I was still in my nightshirt. Perhaps dress first. Raising my finger. "Hold that thought." I shut the door and headed to my wardrobe, discarding my shirt on the floor and tugged over my head a pale blue dress and grabbed my pumps. Looking at my hair in the mirror, I snatched it back and reached for a scrunchy to tie it up.

There, looking better already.

Opening my door, Nile hadn't moved a muscle. "Excuse me please Nile, you're in my doorway and I need to get past."

"Sorry, no can do, Willa. If you need something, then I will send for it. The Alpha wants you to stay in your room." He flicked his chin up.

Argh!! "For what reason?" Bloody Cassius. He was gonna get an ear full when he finally showed his face. "I don't care what Cassius said, Nile. I want out of my room."

His vast chest heaved. "If you insist on leaving, then I must insist on tagging along."

Swallowing down my frustration with Cassius, I added to my check list a good kick to his shin along with the ass-chewing. "Fine." I flicked my chin up, and he stood aside, allowing me to stomp past him.

"And where are we going Willa?"

"To see my mate, Nile." I retorted, perhaps a little sarcastically.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, stopping me. I resisted a sigh and turned, fixing a fake smile on my face. "What now Nile?"

"Nope. Alpha forbids it."

My excitement fluttered to its death as I closed my eyes, taking a calming breath.  I refocused. "And can you tell me why, Nile?"

He shrugged but looked apologetic "Alpha's orders."

I threw my hands up. "Seriously?"

"Afraid so. Why don't we head to the kitchens and get something to eat?"