Chapter 39 - Cuban Club

David was sitting next to Carlos, listening to him talk about his plans for their business collaboration, while smoking a Cuban cigar

David was sitting next to Carlos, listening to him talk about his plans for their business collaboration, while smoking a Cuban cigar. They were sitting on the second floor, a VVIP section with a balcony view of the dance floor below. Carlos had to talk loudly close to his ears, to make his voice audible over the loud music.

"And women! Oh, these Cuban women, with their curves. They can do things you cannot even imagine," Carlos was telling him.

David eyed the women in the room warily. They were all dressed too tightly, exposing too much skin. They wore thick makeups to look older. They were giving themselves away to these greedy men for money. This was not his business.

"No women," he emphasised to Carlos, "Just merchandise."

Carlos exaggerated his disappointed look. "You don't know what you're missing. Here," he pulled one of the girls to him and made her sit on his lap. She happily complied. "Look at her. She's gold." He slapped her on the butt and she shrieked playfully.

David exhaled loudly and shook his head, "No."

Carlos smacked his lips. Then he looked at the girl and gestured his head towards David, signalling for her to make her move on him. The girl gave David a sexy smile and she leaned forward towards him, running her hands up his thigh, giving him a good look at her deep cleavage. He held her away, grabbing her upper arms. Undeterred, she knelt down in between his legs and reached for him belt. David leaned forward and grabbed her hands, stopping her. His jaw clenched tightly. He glared at Carlos and he was laughing raucously. He shook his head and looked away, turning his gaze to the dance floor.

That was when he saw her. Ally was down there, among the crowd. She was looking up at him, frozen on the spot. The crestfallen look on her face felt like an ice dagger went through his heart. She turned away and forced her way through the crowd.

David immediately got up and stepped over the girl to chase after Ally. He heard her protesting loudly but he didn't care. He climbed down the stairs as fast as he could and hurried to the exit. He found Ally by the car, pacing back and forth, crying and hugging herself. Angel stood to the side, just watching her. Angel gave him a shrug and shook his head.

David racked his brain. What do I do now? What do I say? He tried to hold her arm but she slapped it away.

"Don't touch me!" she screamed and stepped out of his reach, going to the other side of the car.

He caught a glance of her face. Tears were pouring down her cheeks, her nose were red and watery. He felt his heart breaking for her. He needed to fix this now.

"It's not what you think. Nothing happened," he said to her calmly.

She finally raised her face to him. She looked livid. "Nothing happened?" she repeated, her voice dripping with sarcasm, and then in a louder voice, she said, "I saw what she was doing to you! I saw her!"

"She didn't do anything," David tried to coax her to calm down by softening his voice, "She tried. I stopped her."

"Why should I believe you?" Ally asked, her bottom lip trembling. All he wanted to do then was to grab her and kiss her trembling lips but he knew she wouldn't let that happen. So he kept still. Ally shook her head and sobbed, "I don't even want to look at you right now."

Then she turned and climbed into the car, slamming the door shut.

David stood there, with his hands on his hips, contemplating what he should do next. He knew he had to go back inside. He needed to close this deal tonight.

He turned around and faced Angel. "Take her back to the hotel."

Angel nodded and complied.

David watched the car leave with a heavy feeling. Maybe she would hear him out once she has calmed down a little. He exhaled loudly and dragged his feet back into the club.

A few hours later, he was back at the hotel. He entered the suite as quietly as he could. The room was dark, except for the lights coming in from the windows. He saw the bedroom doors were shut. At least he knew she was in there.

He took off his jacket and threw it over the back of a chair. Then he lied down on the couch and fell asleep restlessly.

The next morning he woke with a start. He heard sounds coming from inside the room. Ally was awake. Grunting slightly, he sat up on the couch and rubbed his face with his hands.

The bedroom doors opened and he looked up. Ally was already dressed, wearing a white cotton summer dress with red oversized belt, and a pair of red ballet shoes. She looked stunning. But she was avoiding from looking at him. She walked past him and left the room.

David sighed. Clearly, she was still upset. He took out his phone and called Angel.

"Boss?"

"Keep her safe," David said and hung up.

He leaned back on the sofa and looked up at the ceiling. How long is she going to be mad for?

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 40

*********************************************************************