Chapter 15 - Drunk Temper

The next night, Ally was getting ready for bed when there was a knock on her door

The next night, Ally was getting ready for bed when there was a knock on her door. She went to answer it and it was Angel.

"David wants to see you."

Ally opened the door wider. David has been away for the last few days. "David's back?" she asked.

"Just arrived," Angel told her.

"Okey, hold on."

Ally went back to her closet and put on a robe and slippers. Then she followed Angel to David's room. Angel let her inside and closed the door.

David was standing in front of the fire, with his back to her. His left hand was inside his pocket and his right hand holding a crystal glass with amber liquid inside. He downed the whole thing before turning around to face her.

He pointed at a chair. "Sit."

Ally noticed that he was drunk. She wondered how much he has been drinking. "I'll stand," she insisted.

He snorted, and said, "Suit yourself." He sinked himself into a chair and clicked his tongue as he looked at her. "So, do you care to explain?"

Ally frowned, not understanding what he meant. She crossed her arms in front of her. "Explain what?"

David rubbed his nose and exhaled. "Luiz Mendoza." He looked at her accusingly. "Why is it that he always appears wherever you go?"

Ally gaped at him in disbelieve.

David got off the sofa and went to pour himself another drink.

Ally finally composed herself enough to ask icily, "You think I wanted attention from someone like Luiz Mendoza?"

He turned to look at her and caught her glaring at him. He smirked. "I saw you, outside the club, clinging to him."

"What?" she asked, confused.

"That night, you know the night in question. I saw you, in your tight red dress, clinging to him, asking for it."

She couldn't believe her ears. Each syllabus that came out from his mouth felt like a dagger to her heart. How could he say that to my face?

She felt her anger bubbled to the surface and she shouted at him, "I was trying to get away from him! I was running away from him! I'm here because of that scum!" Hot tears started rolling down her face. This is unbelievable. She chuckled sadly and continued in a low tone, "But why should you believe me?"

She looked across the room at David through her teary eyes. He stood there, emotionless.

She sobbed and said, "You're just like him."

She turned away and tried to leave, but he moved in a flash, covering the space between them in a second. He gripped her by the wrist and pulled her roughly towards him. She was forced to look at him and she gasped from the pain and fear. His face was only inches away, twisted angrily, bloodshot eyes narrowed. His laboured breath stink of whiskey. His teeth was bared.

He released her arm out of a sudden and Ally quickly turned around and left the room. She ran all the way until she was safely inside her bedroom. She shut the door behind her and collapsed onto the floor. She leaned back and a sob escaped her lips. Then she caved in and just let the tears flow.

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 16

*********************************************************************