Chapter 7 - Room with a View

Ally opened her eyes slowly

Ally opened her eyes slowly. For a moment, she wondered where she was. Then realisation sinked in.

She was still lying on the floor in front of the door. She pushed herself up to a sitting position slowly, feeling pain all over her body. She looked at her watch. It was already evening. She can see a little bit of the pink and blue sky from the slightly ajar curtains over the french doors.

Feeling resigned to her fate, she gently pulled herself up. Her head spun a little. She couldn't remember when was the last time she ate.

Ally took a deep breath and made her way into the bathroom to take a shower. She sat under the hot shower for what felt like hours. After the shower, she found a sleeping gown in the closet and put it on. The gown was two sizes too big for her but she didn't care.

Ally went back into the room and took a proper look around. Other than the walk in closet that leads to the ensuite bathroom, there was a comfortable queen sized bed with overstuffed pillows, a seating area with plush couches and balcony access thru a French doors. Ally wandered over to the French doors. She placed her hands on the handle and pulled. She was surprised when the doors opened. She thought it would be locked.

She stepped outside onto the balcony. There was a two-seater wrought iron patio set and a couple of potted plants there. Ally leaned over the railings and took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. It was windy and the air tasted salty. The sun was gone so the surrounding area was dark, but she could see the whites from the tips of the waves, rolling onto the beach. The house itself was giving a muted glow against the darkness of the surrounding nature. Ally looked upwards and was greeted by dark skies dotted with sparkling stars. She recalled lying on the beach at the hotel with her friends, talking about the day's events, looking at these same stars. She choked back at the memory.

She heard the sound of key turning so she went back inside. Angel appeared at the doorway, holding a tray. Ally remained where she stood, crossing her arms in front of her. Angel strolled in, set the tray down on the coffee table with the cutlery set, then strolled back out without a word. The door was locked again.

Ally sat down on the couch and lifted the cloche. Steak and potatoes. She was hungry but she had no appetite. 

She covered up the food and went to bed.

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 8

*********************************************************************