Chapter 37 - The Trip

The day finally arrived for them to leave

The day finally arrived for them to leave. For the first time in months, David didn't get a heavy feeling about leaving. He knew the reason he felt that way before was because he had to leave Ally behind. But this time, she was coming with him.

He could see that Ally was dreading leaving Enrique behind. But he was too young to accompany them on a long trip like this. He watched them hugging in the hall. Enrique wiped away a stray tear from his eyes. He was trying to be strong.

"I'll be back before you know it," Ally told him softly and he nodded, looking down at his feet.

Ally said goodbye to the others and soon they were on their way to the airport. Angel was with them and he was coming on the trip as well, with a few more of his men. David needed someone he trusted to accompany Ally while he managed business matters. He knew that Ally would be safe with Angel.

Ally was quiet in the car, looking out the window. He could tell that she was still thinking about Enrique. Maybe it's time to give her the gift.

He reached into his pocket and took out a brand new iPhone. He handed it to her. "Here."

Ally took the phone and looked at him questioningly.

"It's already preprogrammed. My number is in there. You can use it to take pictures on the trip."

Ally looked down at the phone and turned it around in her hands.

David sighed. "It's yours. You can use it to call your Mom."

She turned to look at him and smiled. "Thank you."

He took her hand and kissed the back of her fingers. I don't want you to thank me, he thought to himself. I want your heart. I want all of you. Just you.

An hour later, they arrived at the airstrip. A private jet was already waiting for them.

"We're flying in that?" Ally asked in disbelieve.

David grinned and led her up the steps into the aircraft. The cabin was designed in black and white. The luxurious chairs were bound in white leather. The walls were white. The carpet and the fixtures were black.

"Wow," Ally awed breathlessly. She quickly took out her new phone and tapped on the Camera icon. "We are going to take our first selfie together," she declared.

She aimed the camera up and leaned back towards David. Sportingly, he bent lower and rested his chin on her shoulder. They both smiled and Ally snapped a picture. Then she turned her face towards him and he kissed her. She chuckled and turned back to her phone.

"Oh, I think I snapped that picture too."

She tapped on the Photos icon and the picture of them kissing came on the screen. It was perfect. She turned to him and they grinned. 

"Come on," he said, pushing her along, "Let's get you into your seat."

Once they were in the air, Ally turned to David and asked, "So where are we going first?"

David grinned and answered, "Cuba."

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 38

*********************************************************************