Chapter 34 - Missing Him

David was away to handle his business

David was away to handle his business. He has been away for 3 days by then.

Ally had distracted herself by spending time with Enrique. His reading and writing has improved tremendously since they first started. His favourite book was Peter Pan.

They took a break from learning and Ally accompanied him to play on his bike out on the terrace. He always have so much extra energy, so being out here would tire him enough so he can fall asleep better at night.

Ally tore her attention away from Enrique and went to stand near the stone railing. She stared ahead at the view of the top of the trees and the beach and sea beyond. It's so beautiful here. Six months ago, she wouldn't have guessed that this place could feel like home. But now, she doesn't want to be anywhere else but here.

Then there's David.

Ally recalled their first encounter. Even though his looks made her heart beat faster, but she was repelled by his smugness, his arrogance, and his cruelty. Then over time, she experienced the side of him that he kept hidden from the world; his kind heart, his compassion and his generosity. Once that side of him was revealed to her, it was easy to fall for him. She never thought she would miss him when he was away.

Ally took a deep breath and hugged herself. She missed his arms around her, holding her tight. She missed his kisses, and the way he made her knees feel weak. When he was away, she felt hollow inside. She silently prayed for him to come home soon.

Suddenly she felt strong arms on her waist and when she turned to look, David kissed her.

He's here! He's home! Ally was shouting internally.

David kissed her neck and her shoulder, while he wrapped his arms around her body from behind.

Ally sighed in relief. "I've missed you," she whispered to him.

He turned her head towards him and kissed her again, deeper and longer this time. Ally assumed it was a sign that he missed her too.

"Señor David!" Enrique shouted, finally noticing him. Enrique dropped his bike on the ground and ran towards them.

David released Ally and turned his attention to Enrique. Enrique stopped just in front of him and they started conversing in Spanish. Ally watched them quietly. From the look on Enrique's face, she could tell that he worshipped David. From David's body language, she could tell that he loved the boy very much. She remembered the time David used Enrique to trick her to stop her hunger strike and she fell for it. She chuckled softly at herself.

"Si, I've been taking care of Senorita Ally, just like you ask," Enrique said to David and Ally focused her attention back on him. He looked at her expectantly, "I have, haven't I, senorita?"

David glanced at Ally with a smirk on his face. She chuckled and said, "Yes, yes you have." Then she wrapped her arm over his shoulder and added warmly, "I always feel safe when I'm with you."

Enrique beamed proudly up at her. David said something to him in Spanish and tousled his hair. Enrique nodded and ran into the house.

David pulled Ally back into his arms and smiled at her. "You have a way with men. I think he likes you," he said to her. She beamed proudly. Then he continued, "More surprisingly, I think Angel has a soft spot for you."

"Well," Ally shrugged, "I'm very fond of them both."

David frowned playfully, and he asked, "Should I be jealous?"

She shrugged again and said, "Maybe."

They looked at each other and laughed.

"I'm so glad you're back," she said to him, touching his face tenderly.

David leaned in and kissed her. It started as a soft kiss but slowly getting more passionate and his mouth were seeking hers hungrily. Then he pulled away, grabbed her arm and led her into the house.

"David, wait!"

He stopped and turned back towards her, a questioning look on his handsome face.

"I'm, um, on my period," she told him, feeling awkward.

There was a moment of silence as David contemplated the information she shared. Then he nodded to himself as if he had made up his mind. "In the shower it is then."

Ally looked surprised. She wasn't expecting that. 

David grabbed her off her feet and hurriedly carried her inside.

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 35

*********************************************************************