Chapter 46 - Unplanned Stop

The next morning, they were back on the jet

The next morning, they were back on the jet. Ally looked out the window, watching the workers loading the luggages into the cargo hole.

This is it, she thought, The end of the road. They were heading home now. Home. Mexico.

David sat down in the seat beside her. She turned to him and he kissed her. They smiled at each other.

As they were taking off, Ally took a last look at the island of Sicily. She didn't think she would return there, ever. Once was more than enough.

She leaned back into her seat and sighed deeply.

David looked at her. "You should take a nap," he told her, "You barely slept last night."

She turned to him and smiled. She reached up and ran the back of her fingers over his stubbled cheek. "I'm fine," she told him.

He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

*****

David stood over Ally, watching her sleep on the flatbed

David stood over Ally, watching her sleep on the flatbed. She looked so serene, sleeping soundly after hours of resisting. He wished he could let her sleep for a little while longer but they were about to land and he wanted her to be safely strapped down in her seat.

He knelt down beside her and stroked her hair, from her temple to the back of her ear. When she stirred, he leaned in and kissed her lips gently. She opened her eyes and smiled at him sleepily.

"We're about to land," he told her softly, "I need you back in your seat."

She exhaled and nodded her head.

David grabbed her by her shoulders and propped her up to a sitting position. She let her head rolled around lazily.

David chuckled. She's so adorable. He held her face and kissed her hard. He only let her go when he was out of breath. They both panted a little. Her eyes were a little wider. He kissed her forehead and then pulled her up to her feet. She staggered a little and he chuckled. He led her back to her seat and helped strap her belt on. Then he snapped on his belt.

Ally looked out the window and she suddenly sat up straight. David could see the snowy mountains below over her shoulder.

She turned to him, a deep frown on her face. "Where are we?" she asked. 

She's wide awake now. David held her hand and kissed it. He had been planning this surprise for her for weeks. He took a deep breath and said, "Canada."

Ally gasped and looked out the window, almost pressing her nose up against the glass. "Which part of Canada?" she asked, her breath fogging up the glass.

David chuckled. She had to make sure, doesn't she? "Vancouver."

She was practically jumping up and down in her seat. "Really? We're landing in Vancouver?"

David chuckled again. She's thrilled like a little child on Christmas morning. "Really really," he replied and she shrieked. David laughed. This is very unlike her. "I thought you might want to see your parents."

She turned to him and hugged him. "Thank you so much," she said gratefully.

David held her and tried to ignore the heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach. A dark thought was lingering at the back of his mind.

Now that she's here, would she want to go back to Mexico with me?

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 47

*********************************************************************