Chapter 54 - The Threat

David and Ally were watching a movie

David and Ally were watching a movie. They were watching The Avengers in the cinema room.

Angel suddenly appeared, looking seriously at David. "He's here," he said simply.

David exhaled loudly. 

Ally was looking at him questioningly. "Who's here?" she asked.

"Nobody," he said. He got up and kissed her on the top of her head, "Stay here." Then to Angel, he asked, "Where?"

"Office."

David left the room and headed to his office. He was feeling more tense with every step. It was never a good thing when he visits. Never.

He reached his office and stepped inside. There he was, standing tall in his light grey suit. Antonio Rojas. David's father.

He was standing out at the balcony, smoking David's cigar and holding a crystal glass with amber liquid inside.

David took a deep breath and joined him. He cleared his throat to announce his presence.

Antonio turned around. Dark brown eyes scrutinising his son. He held up the cigar. "This is fantastic," he said.

David nodded, standing with his hands deep in his pockets. "Sealed the agreement with Carlos. The shipment is on the way."

Antonio exhaled. "So everything turned up well? You didn't fuck anything up?"

David clenched his jaw and said nothing. He knew Antonio would find out eventually.

"Why the hell did you save Massimo's life?" Antonio asked, clearly pissed off.

David exhaled. The event of that night flashed in his mind. He was discussing with Massimo when from the corner of his eyes, he saw Luca's men approaching them with guns extended. He pulled Massimo out of harms way, but the bullet hit his shoulder. Massimo's men managed to take down the attackers.

"Well?" Antonio asked, with clenched teeth.

David raised his chin. "There's no benefit to us if Massimo got killed. I saved him. He owes me. Luca may be bigger, but Massimo is older, more connected. It's an advantage."

Antonio snorted, shaking his head. "You're getting soft." He turned away and asked, "Who the hell is she?"

David tried to keep his expression stoic. There was no way Antonio found out about Ally.

Antonio turned back towards David. "So? Tell me who she is."

Maybe he's just guessing, David thought.

"The pretty little brunette."

Fuck! David cursed inwardly.

"You think I don't know about her? That you keep a whore?"

David clenched his jaw tightly. He knew Antonio was trying to provoke him. He was not going to bite. He maintained a dignified posture.

Antonio chuckled in disdain. He downed the rest of the liquor and put out the cigar in the glass. He handed the glass to David. He leaned to David's ear and said threateningly, "Get rid of her, or I will kill her."

Then without another word, he left.

*********************************************************************

Continue in Chapter 55

*********************************************************************