Chapter thirtyseven ~ Sex and lies

{Authors POV}

Addison had finally arrived at the hospital after being stabilised by Alex and the doctors in the ambulance. Turns out there was a hospital 30 minutes away, Derek got it wrong.

~
Seattle Press hospital

The doctor had just finishing checking Addison's vitals, making sure she was stable. After he checked he left her room allowing Meredith and Addison to be alone. Mark and Derek were filling out the papers.

"You know you shouldn't let him talk to you like that" she took a spoonful of pudding.

"Oh it's fine. He loves me. I know it" Meredith told herself what she wanted to hear.

"The only one who Derek loves is Derek. Come on Mer you should know that. You've known him for like 10 years."

"No I'm sure of it. He wasn't like this before you came actually"

"Wow he really hated me in our marriage" they both burst out laughing.

"I can see why you married. The size of it. God!" Meredith joked.

"I know right. You didn't hear it from me but Mark was way better than him in bed"

"Really? Mr man whore!" Meredith asked surprised

Mark all of sudden was leaning on the door frame. Only been there for a couple of seconds. Enough to hear what he wanted to hear.

"Good to know I pleased you. Not so bad yourself." He joked going over to Addison kissing her. "How you feeling." Mark stroked the hair out of her face.

"Like I've been stabbed" she said sarcastically.

He laughed. They both gave each other 'goo goo eyes'. Meredith feeling like the third wheel.

"Right on that note I'm going to go see what Mcdouche is doing." Meredith stood up from the hospital chair on the right side of where Addie was on her bed.

"Okay good luck" Addison plucked her lips out to Meredith. She gave her a quick 'peck' as she stood up.

"Bye love you." She called out walking past the bed and out the door.

"Love you" Addie replied putting her eyes right back on Mark.

"Love you? Kisses? Do I sense some girl on girl?" Mark joked. She replied with a seductive laugh.

"You wanna kiss my girl on girl seductive love you lips?" The smirked came in as well.

"Mhm. Are you okay for me to...?" He asked referring to getting on the bed.

"Yes. Just close the door." Addison winked as Mark rushed to close the door.

~

"Hey you okay?" Meredith had found Derek on a bench in the waiting room.

"Yeah. Just um... waiting for you" he stood up. She nodded not believing him.

"Meredith." He paused moving closer to her.

"What are we?" Meredith asked as she placed her hand on his cheek, caressing it.

"You know what we are. We're Meredith and Derek. Derek and Meredith. Grey and Shepherd." They both wanted different things. And he knew that.

"We're more than that Derek. I mean we're more than friends, we just had sex in a cave" she joked giving him a look.

"Sex? Here? Now?" She nodded confirming what he oh ever so wanted.

He grabbed her hand pulling her down the hall to the nearest room which was a storage closet. She giggled from the excitement.

Derek pushed her against the door the second they both got in there. "Ow ow" she yelped laughing "Door knob?" He smirked.

They were both in the things they were wearing at the beach. But Derek had put a blue t-shirt on and Meredith had a v- neck lace beach cover up (beach dress in other words) on the top of her bathers.

He slid the the dress up over her head. Just glaring at each other. Taking the moment in.

"Does this mea..." before Derek could ask his question she placed her lips ever so softly onto his, trying to ignore the question. He moved his hand to her hip as she was still against the door. "Shirt off Shepherd" Meredith spoke in between kisses. He did as she requested; throwing it onto the floor. She breathed in his body. They just stared at each other.
He brushed the stray hairs out of her face and kept his hand on her cheek. Her eyes were glued to his like a little child staring at the toy they wanted. He smiled at her.

"Your thinking of something" Meredith placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Mhm. I'm thinking of you." He leant in to kiss her. But stopped.

"You okay?" He asked as her face just stayed still but followed his eyes as his face curved.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking" He leant in as he originally planned to do. She followed. But their kiss didn't feel right. It felt forced. Suddenly they felt the door open. They both ran behind a shelf that was filled with gauzes and sterile wipes. The nurse came in and out only picking up a bandage roll.

"Oops" Meredith quirkily said, laying on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her cold torso as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Well hello Dr Grey" he joked as they kissed.