Chapter six ~ We meet again

{Authors POV}

March 25th 2005

Meredith sat along one of the stools in the Joe's bar, with a shot of straight tequila in front of her. She downed it in one. Suddenly a voice from across the room came. "Little Grey?". Meredith turned around to find her old friend standing in front of her. "Mark. Hi how are you?" She rose from her stool as Mark headed towards her going in for a hug. "I'm good. I haven't seen you in what feels like ages" he said in the hug. They both sat down on the stools in front of them. "About eight years yeah." Meredith smiled so happy to see her old friend again. "So what are you doing back here in Seattle I heard you went to Europe?" Mark took a sip of his beer that he had ordered. "Work. I just finished Medical school and I'm doing my internship at Seattle Grace across the road". She explained. "Oh that's such a coincidence I'm working there now in plastic's". "Plastic's huh. You would always talk about that when we were little" they both laughed. "Yeah and Derek with his brains" Mark giggled. Meredith just smirked. "How is Derek. Have you seen him since..." she paused remembering. "Uh yeah he actually works in Seattle Grace too. Neuro". She smiled. Derek had got his dream too. They were now the surgical dream team. "Guess the three musketeers became the surgical dream team" Meredith laughed. "The three musketeers. I haven't heard that in ages" Mark laughed also.

Suddenly another familiar face came through the doors of 'Joe's Bar'. Meredith's face lit up as a smile grew on her face. "Derek" Her face grew as she said his name. "Meredith. Is that you?" He questioned not believing his very eyes. "Yeah it's me" the smile stayed upon her mouth as his grew. They both went in for a hug, swinging left and right as they did. "Oh I've missed you" Meredith whispered in his ear while they were still hugging. "Mmh me too" Derek whispered back as he squeezed tighter causing Meredith giggle. They broke the hug smiling at each other. "Derek how's our patient" Mark asked Derek referring to the one they operated on earlier that day. Meredith's eyes stuck like glue to Derek as well as her smile. "She's doing good. The anaesthesia hasn't worn off yet. I asked Nurse Tyler to page me when she wakes up. Which shouldn't be for another few hours." Her eyes we're still glaring at him her smile still there too. "Little Grey you want anything?" Mark asked Meredith referring to a drink from the bar. But Meredith was too stuck in 'Derek Topia' to realises that Mark was talking to her. "Little Grey?" He asked again. She suddenly snapped out of her little world and landed on earth again. "Mhm?" She questioned not knowing what she had missed. "A drink. Do you want one? Im ordering". Joe was waiting behind the bar for Meredith's order. "Oh um tequila and lemonade please".

~

As Mark was waiting for the drinks, Meredith and Derek headed to a table with three stools around it. "So Mer do you have a place to stay tonight?" Derek asked her taking a nut from the bowl on the table. "Um no I was just going to get a hotel room. The moving van doesn't come until Friday." She also took a nut from the bowl. "No. Don't do that. You can stay with me. Marks already staying there as he's waiting for his apartment to be done". Mark came over with the drinks and placed them in front of the person who's drink it is. "Yeah little Grey. Come stay with us it can be like old times" he butted in taking a sip of his beer. "Sure. Only if it's not any trouble." She brushed her hair from out her face to behind her ear so she could glance at Derek more. "Of course you can stay as long at you want." Derek smiled. "I think we should make a toast to that." Mark suggested. They all raised their glasses. "To the reunion of the three musketeers!" The glasses clinked together.