Chapter twentythree ~ Drunks, Whores, Sluts, and ex's

⚠️Long Chapter ⚠️
{Author's POV}

Only if you knew how much I liked you.But I watch your eyes as she. Walks by.What a sight for sore eyes. Brighter than the blue sky. She's got you mesmerised while I die. Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester. But you like her better
Wish I were Heather.

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand. Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder. But how could I hate her, she's such an angel. But then again, kinda wish she were dead as she. Walks by. What a sight for sore eyes. Brighter than the blue sky. She's got you mesmerised while I die ~ Heather, Conan Gray.

These are the words that ran through Meredith's mind.

We all knew that Derek likes Meredith. Well apart from Meredith and Derek. Between you and me they are only standing in the way of each other. Oh and their past. And Addison. And... oh you get the point.

Derek felt different. He was in his own home. Mark had gone. God knows where Meredith had gone. Cristina's probably. And Addison, we'll she's probably in the trailer or a hotel room. Or as Derek hoped, one her way back to New York. Even though Meredith wasn't in the wrong, Derek still had a burning hate for her. Okay maybe not hate. Burning dislike. Hate sound better for how he feels. He hates the way he feels about her. He hates that he can't do anything. He wants to really grab her in his arms and never let her go. Beach wedding. Three kids. Amazing jobs. Living happily ever after. Yeah like that's ever going to happen.

Meredith was at her own house. She managed to convince the moving company to let her in earlier. She was asleep in the bathroom by the door, Cristina asleep in the bath. "Mer...Mer wake up" Cristina yawned leaning up from the tub. Meredith rubbed her eyes as she heard Cristina ringing in her ears. "Ugh what time is it?" She sat up from the door. " 5:20am. We got pre rounds with Mcdreamy" Meredith groaned as Cristina broke the news she new she had to hear. The truth in other words. " But... We're drunk." Meredith tried to come up with an excuse to not go into work. Or see Derek. "Hungover you mean. You just don't want to see Mcdreamy" She put all the puzzle pieces together as Meredith sighed once again. "No I want to see Mcdreamy. I don't want to see Mcass" She stood up from the door, as did Cristina from the bath. "Isn't that the same person?" She stepped over the tub. "Yeah. You and Iz gotta keep me away from him and him away from me today" Meredith referred to another friend and intern , like herself Izzie Stevens.
"Gladly. Now we gotta get changed" Cristina opened the door Meredith followed.

~
Seattle Grace Hospital

"Derek! Derek!" Addison called out in her salmon colored scrubs to Derek who was ignoring her as they walked across the bridge overlooking the ground floor; close to Chiefs office. "Go back to New York Addison." He called back not turning his head. "Why so you can go back to your child whore" She sped up her speed to keep up with Derek. He stopped in the middle of the floor. "Will you stop referring to Meredith as a Whore damn it" He turned his head; anger written all over it. "Fine. Slut then" Addie snapped. "Just leave Meredith out of this. She's not the problem; you are. Now please just go back to New York!" Derek gritted his teeth "No can do Derek. I have work to do, here. Even if it pains you I'm getting this relationship back, whether you like it or not" Addison strutted away, the opposite way Derek was going. Back the way she came. Derek carried on walking where he had to go.

"Dr Bailey, I'm afraid I appear to be a little bit drunk" Meredith giggles to Bailey. "Grey! You got drunk after I saved your life. Jesus child. Are you trying to kill yourself" Her attitude in her voice came out. But so passionate. "Yes" She couldn't hide her smile from her drunk lips. "Okay Grey no surgeries for you. Go get someone to do a banana bag and stay on patient duties" she nodded heading over to the clinic. "Yang what do you want?" Bailey asked Cristina who wasn't moving where she was meant to go. "Wait let me guess you're drunk too" Cristina nodded. "Banana bag!" Bailey rolled her eyes Cristina followed Meredith to the clinic giggling together.

~

Derek spotted Meredith on the bed in the clinic with a banana bag attached to her, Yang on the other bed next to her. He was about to head over to see her, check how she was doing you know, the average thing you do after your wife turns up who your best friend who you like is there, not knowing about the wife. "No!" Bailey stopped Derek in his path. "What?" His confused face said. "No! That girls life is screwed up enough. She doesn't need you or your past to screw her up anymore" Her Bailey tone came out. "How did you...?" He asked. "Stevens told me. She talks a lot at breakfast. A lot." Derek rolled his eyes. "My advice to you Doctor Shepherd, stay away from that poor girl. She has a job. And she is emotional. And drunk. So leave her alone. Until you and your marriage is sorted. Without your wife calling her a whore, or a slut. Don't be a Mcass!" Bailey fast walks away to the elevator. Derek sighed turning away from Meredith. Bailey was right. Unfortunately. It would be best if he did stay away from her until the whole Addison thing was sorted. It wasn't fair on Meredith. Or Addison.