Chapter thirtythree ~ 1 step forward, 3 steps back

{Author's POV}

While Meredith and Derek were well you know, doing stuff. Mark and Addison stayed in the sea, only about hip up.

"We gonna talk about the other night?" Mark asked looking into the distance. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She glared at him, though his eyes stayed glued to a island beyond. "Mark. Look at me" Addison placed her hand on his chest and moved in front of him so she could get his attention and some answers.
He finally looked down at her as she gave a smirk that lasted about two seconds. "I need an answer on us Addie" Mark moved her hand from his chest. "I don't regret those nights. I'm glad I did it. The only reason I'm here, in Seattle, is because of you. I came for you Mark. I never cared for Derek. He's moved on, now I want to. I have" She sighed glancing into Mark's eyes. "I want to love you Addie. But I can't. It hurts too much" his glare still stays on her. "Are you breaking up with me?" Addison in denial of what just happened. "I guess I am yeah" Mark began to walk away as her eyes filled with tears. Mark was the only one she truly cared for in this world. I guess it's true, you can't have what you want.

"Mark! ... Mark! ... Mark!" Addison screeched still sobbing her eyes out. But Mark didn't look back. Although he wanted too. He couldn't. What he said wasn't true. It didn't hurt at all. But he knew the more he loved Addison, the more others would get hurt. It's always one step forward for Mark and Three steps back for everyone else.

Addison began to run to Mark from the ocean, which was very hard, she had no idea what was going into her. She didn't care either. "Mark! Mark! Don't leave like this." He stopped in his path. Finally he turned his head but looking down into the water. "I want you Mark. And I do love you. We can work through what we have. We can stop the hiding." Mark began to walk away again just after Addison said that she does love him. She followed after him. He stopped again, but this time Addison was right behind him. He turned to face her. They glared into each other's eyes. She placed her hands on his cheeks smiling as he place his hands on her hips. Addison's face was ghost white. Mark felt something weird on Addie's hip.

"Addie. Your bleeding. There's glass in your hip" Mark's voice broke.

She faded into his arms; collapsing from the loss of blood.
"HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Mark screamed from the top of his lungs, picking up Addison in a bridal style. Running to where Cristina, Izzie, Alex and George were. "HELP ME!" He yelled at them, scared for his life.