Chapter thirtyfive ~ Traitor

⚠️Blood and attempted suicide (not a lot)⚠️
{Author's POV}

Do you remember that thing I said between Meredith, Derek and Mark. I said that no one would know about it unless one of them died. Well Addison was apart of it, or should I say knows some stuff about it from Mark and kind of got sucked in. Let me clear some things up for you. It gets crazy.

Okay let's go from the beginning.

Meredith has a mother; Ellis Grey. Crazy ass surgeon who is so self involved. Doesn't care about others, not even her own daughter, or her daughter's health.

⚠️

When Meredith was 4 her mother cut her wrists and told Meredith not to call an ambulance. She sat there and watched her mother bleed. Ellis sat there in her own blood. But after a while, her mother had passed out, and Meredith decided to call for an ambulance. 4 years old.

Obviously you would be scarred for life from that. And when you have people walking in and out of your life. It gets pretty tough.

In chapter two of the story Meredith and Derek are fighting over something. You don't find out what it is though. But the fight ended with Meredith fainting and rushed into hospital. Meredith and Derek were fighting over him leaving. Derek had met someone. A really nice woman. Oh who am I kidding the woman was a bitch. Like a younger Ellis Grey. Meredith had been through some tough shit that year as well. Her mother and father were constantly fighting, her mother was never home, the girl couldn't take care of herself. No one was ever around to help her, except Derek.

That's why the fight started. He broke the friend code. He wanted to leave for a girl. He did leave for a girl.

Later that year, after Meredith was better and out of hospital. He left. But the girl he was going to lived in Los Angeles, so he would have to take a plane. But the plane crashed. Meredith called it Karma. Mark called it bad luck. The girl saw it as an opportunity to cheat on Derek with someone else.

Before you ask, Derek was fine. He had a broken arm not a lot. But the pilot, got the pilot; well let's just say the wolves didn't go hungry in the forrest that night. Mark went to see Derek in hospital nearly every day. Meredith though. Not one time. I mean can you blame her? He broke the trust. The one person who she cared for, who cared for her. Left. Who knows if he would've come back. When Derek got out of hospital he was pretty mad at her. 'How could she not see her best friend while he was in hospital and nearly died in a plane crash' he wondered that for days.

By the time Derek had gotten back to normal, school, home, going out with friends. But Meredith had gone. Not the county or anything. She was just never around Derek. Mark all the time. They got smoothies, frozen yogurt, ice cream, drinks. Mark soon became the new Derek, well the new place of Derek.

"Meredith. Can we talk?" Derek asked her after about a year of her ignoring him. She didn't want to even be near him, but as they lived in the same street it was pretty hard. "I'm good thanks" she walked off, but he soon caught up with her. "Meredith I just want to talk!" He grabbed her arm. "Well I don't want to talk to you" she took her arm back and walked faster. "Meredith why won't you talk to me, I've done nothing wrong. Stop being such a bitch!" He yelled from the sidewalk. She stopped in her path and turned around a couple feet away from him. "That's why I'm not talking to you Derek. You don't even realise what you've done!" She yelled back turning back around and walking where she was originally planning to go.

Derek did more than just leave her for a girl. But if I told you about that. We'd be here all day. And if your anything like me. You wanna know what's happening with Addison, and if she's gonna survive or die.

Ugh I bet you guys wanna know more. Well as this fight continued for another three months I'm just going to sum it up. The three months would be another book, that's how much happened.

Anyway to sum it up. Meredith and Derek got drunk and had sex. Derek told Mark that he had feelings for Meredith. Meredith did not have feelings for Derek at the time. Derek asked Meredith to be him girlfriend. Meredith said no. It got awkward. Meredith left for Europe. In a nut shell that's what happened. I know it doesn't seem that bad. But to them it was. And poor Mark got dragged into it. Oh and a bit more to add.

Derek got married over the time Meredith was in Europe. You know he had to try and move on. He met Addison. They got married. Addison became friends with Mark because of Derek. One day while Derek was out, Mark and Addison slept together. Derek walked in on them, finding their clothes scattered around the house leading to the bedroom. Yeah awkward. Derek left in shock and grief and anger. Mark and Addison carried on well doing it. Mark found Derek and made up. Addison stayed in New York where Mark and Derek where originally living.

Ta da. The summary of the awkwardness. Okay now back to Addison.