Chapter seven ~ The past the present and now the future

Side Note: This chapter is just carrying on from the last chapter I'm just splitting it up so it's not too long :)

{Authors POV}

"Open the door Derek it's freezing" Meredith complained as her, Mark and Derek we're standing outside Dereks house while he dug his keys out of his pockets, his hands so cold. "Hold on." He paused, sticking his tongue to the side of his lips, concentrating on finding his keys. "Ah ha!" he yelled finally finding his keys, unlocking the door. They all ran in the warm, cozy house. Derek closed the door behind him, locking it.

Meredith and Mark headed to the the living room, while Derek got the wine from the fridge. It was just like she remembered. It was the old Shepherd house, but without the childhood painting and scribbles dotted around the house. Derek came through the archway with three royal blue wine glasses and a bottle of Château Poujeaux a.k.a fancy red wine. He placed the glasses on the coffee table, opening the wine and pouring around halfway in each glass.

~

After many glasses of wine later....

Laughter erupted as they were remembering their past together. "Do you remember the first time we all met. You came over and asked us if we want your cheese stick" Derek referred to Meredith coming from over the street, for their first meeting. "Remember that time when Mer fell in the pool and then we all jumped in cause' we felt bad" Mark said as they continued laughing. "Oh and that time when I would watch My Girl every time I came over". Meredith laughed. "Then you'd cry and we'd get you chocolate". Derek wiped the tears of laughter from under his eyes. "Oh and remember that time when me and Meredith made out cause' we were mad at Derek" The laughter went silent between Meredith and Derek. Mark was laughing on his own now. Silence suddenly got louder. Meredith cleared her throat trying to ignore the awkwardness between her and Derek. "More wine" Derek asked getting up off the couch. "Oh god yes" Meredith exhaled.

~
The kitchen

"Can you grab the wine from the fridge" Derek asked Meredith, not even looking at her. Mark was still in the living room. Meredith grabbed the bottle of wine from the fridge and passed it to Derek, looking at his bright blue eyes from the side, as his face was looking down at the floor avoiding her. "Derek..." She called as he took the bottle and was heading to the living room, he was about a couple feet away. "Yeah" he finally looked up at her, despair covered his face. "I should go". Meredith sighed. "You can't leave..." Derek paused. "You've been drinking". He exhaled. "Oh um right" Awkwardness was filling in the room by the second. "I'll show you to the spare room" He put the wine on the island in the middle of the kitchen and headed through the archway leading to the hallway to the stairs.