Chapter ten ~ I'm calling it

"POST IT"

{Meredith's POV}

Those words. It hit me. They hit me like a red semi truck.

He had called it.

~

A couple years ago me and Derek made a deal. 'We would never run'. ' To love each other even when we hated each other'. 'To take care of each other when we're old senile and smelly'. And finally. 'It's forever'. We wrote this all this on a blue post it note with a blue pen. At any time on of us could call 'POST IT' and it meant that one of us wasn't following the 'post it' rules. The one who called 'POST IT' was aloud to say how the feel even if it was something from the past.

~

{Authors POV}

"Oh that is not fair!" She turned around, facing Derek, away from the door, and walked towards him. "No Meredith. You know what isn't fair. You. You leaving me.!" Derek's tone was filled with anger. "You broke the 'post it' rules. You weren't supposed to run." Tears built up in both of their eyes. "Derek. I left because of my mother. We both ran. I thought of you everyday. But don't pile this on me. We both ran" she sighed. Derek was looking at the floor . He hid his face beneath his arm, leaning on the pole holding up the beds. "No. No. Don't do that. Don't hide your face." Her voice filled with sorrow. She hated it when he hid his face. Derek looked up, his face all red and flushed. Meredith gently walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, embracing him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her back not looking like he was ever going to let go.

After a while of hugging they let go of each other. Meredith glared into Derek's eyes. As did he with her. She wiped her hand on his face wiping away a single dripping tear. A smirk grew on his face, causing her to smile. They were inches apart. Derek moved her hair away from her eyes with his hand placing the hair behind her head. He tilted his head to left, Meredith to the right and both eased closer.

Derek gently planted his lips upon hers.