Chapter twelve ~ So, that kiss?

{Author's POV}

"Hey, how was your day" Derek spoke as Meredith got in the car. "Good. You?" She asked him back. "Mmh yeah, been thinking bout you all day." He smirked at her. She just laughed. "What's so funny?" Derek asked, with a fake smile across his face. "Us. What are we doing Derek?" Meredith had seriousness written all over her face. "Sexy friends. Friends with benefits?" He smirked. "Yeah but what about us? What happens when we meet someone?" Derek started the car not wanting to answer that question. "Have you met someone?" He asked. "No. I'm just wondering." She looked out of the window. "Right." Derek drove out of the hospital car park onto the main road.

~

Derek's house

Derek let Meredith in through the door first, closing the door and locking it after he went through it. "Meredith" he called from the hallway by the door. She was also in the hallway but a little further down from him, close to the living room. Meredith walked over to Derek, wondering what he wanted. "Derek I'm not gonna go out with you" She told him. "Oh come on why not?" He said playfully. "I'm an intern , your my resident." She explained. "I'm not seeing your point here." He smiled. "The answer is no Derek!" She was walking away, but Derek grabbed her arm pulling her closer, then kissing her. He pulled away glaring into her eyes. She took one look at his glossed lips from her lip gloss and dived her lips onto his. Derek pressed her up against the wall in the hallway. Meredith began to unbutton the buttons on his light blue shirt. After the shirt dropped to the floor, he lifted her 'army green' cropped vest top, over her head throwing it on the floor, revealing her lacey black bra.

Derek traced Meredith's figure with his hand starting at her face ending at her hips. He so desperately wanted to do more than he could to her. "Meredith?" He whispered. "Mhm" she was kissing the shoulder bones and around his neck. But then the kissing had stopped as they stood in-front of each other half naked. "We shouldn't" Some sense had finally bumped Derek's brain. "Yeah, but..." she rested her head on his shoulder. Kissing it once. "Sexy friends" she continued. "No. You were right in the car. It isn't fair" Derek was right and Meredith knew that. She just wanted someone else to say it was okay to sleep with your boss. "What about just one night?" The temptation was crowding over her, as it was for him earlier. "Meredith come on. You know this isn't right." Derek brushed her hair from her face as she rested her hands on his chest, her eyes glaring into his. "What about one more kiss?" Meredith anticipated. Derek leaned his face closer to hers. As did she. Suddenly the doorbell rang. "NO!" Meredith screamed. "Meredith calm down, it's just a kiss" he laughed. "You owe me a kiss Shepherd" She sulked grabbing her cropped vest top from the floor, heading upstairs to her room.