Chapter thirtytwo ~ Beach you to it

⚠️Long Chapter⚠️

{Author's POV}

28th of July 2006 aka National Seattle Grace intern  beach day.

Yes I know what your thinking. Why does a hospital filled with dying patients have a beach day? Yeah no one knows. Interns are pretty dumb anyway, so they're not needed on the 28th of July. They're always getting in the way. Yesterday George O'Malley killed a guy cause' he got in the way on Hunt's surgery. Nearly got him fired. Izzie Stevens, killing Denny Douquette. Alex Karev, stuck in an elevator with a dying patient. Killed the bastard. Cristina Yang, hooked up with Owen Hunt, now he's too distracted by her in surgery. Meredith Grey can't keep her eyes away from Derek Shepherd and won't even be in the same O.R with him anymore.

Oh and the hospital is closed due to construction. Patient's were sent to Mercy West.

~

Meredith arrived with Cristina and Izzie in her black jeep. Alex and George walked as (quoting Meredith) 'They were being dicks'. Her words not mine. Anyway. Meredith wore a light blue and white striped bikini with matching bottoms. Cristina a simple black bikini with a wave looking cut above the cup. Same for the bottoms. Izzie a peachy-tan colored bikini with white dots same again with the bottoms. Alex, plain old light blue swim shorts with a black drawstring. And George, a gray-ish swim shorts with dark greeen cactus's and white drawstring.

Meredith had stopped staying at Derek's for three days. And luckily for her the sexy dreams had stopped. She now gets weird ass one about her mother.

~

"Meredith hurry up and get the cooler" Cristina shouted from the sandy beach. Meredith grabbed the red and white ice cooler filled with beer, tequila and water, over to where the others were. Just as she was about to set the cooler down next to her and Izzie's towel, a car horn beeped at her. Everyone's head beamed towards the beach car park. Mark. Addison. And Derek.

"Meredith!" Addison waved at Meredith getting out of Derek's car. She wore a sexy seductive red slit push up bikini, with matching bottoms.  "Addie hi!" She called back. Addison jogged over to them with a little aqua blue beach bag on her left shoulder. "Addie? Cristina asked Izzie wondering how the hell her and Addison went from 'you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband' to 'Addie!'.

"Meredith how've you been we haven't talked in forever" Addison's bright white smile lit up in Meredith's face. Cristina and Izzie exchanged a look. As well as Mark and Derek. "I know it's been so long" they both hugged each other swinging from side to side laughing. "Water?" Addie asked referring to her a Mer going on for a little dip in the sea. "Water!" Meredith nodded back as they both ran into the sea, racing each other like little kids.

Mark and Derek headed over to where the interns left were. "You broke Meredith" Cristina, her face straight as ever, spoke to Derek. "Hey! Blame him. He slept with Addison" Derek placed the blame on Mark. "Worth every minute" Mark had a charming pleasing smile. Proud as ever. They all rolled their eyes. "Do you think that Mer and Addie are you know... more than friends?" Mark asked. "Mark! No!" Derek denied. "Oh come on you don't see how close they are. And they have a lot in common" Izzie proved a point. All eyes were on Izzie. "Iz no." Cristina ,once again her face straight as ever, said.

"Mark! Derek" Addison called from the sea to Mark and Derek. Ushering her hand for them to come to them. They headed down the sea. "Addie" Mark nodded. "Oh Mark don't be such a sour wus, you too Derek. It's our day off." Addison was so joyful. It was like a packet of skittles just shit her out of a rainbow. Meredith and Derek exchanged looks. "Meredith can we talk?" Derek asked. Addison gave her the nod to go.

"Mer are you okay? Is something bothering you?" He asked as they walked over to a cave on the beach. "I... I don't know" she sighed. "Is it us? I know I've been really funny around you lately. And it's not you really, it's me being a jerk. But..." Just as Derek was about to finish his sentence Meredith cut him off. "It's you". "Me? Right, that's understandable" They arrived at the cave. "Do you remember when we were little when me and Mark would sleep over yours like every week" she smiled remembering her past. "Like the back of my hand" he smiled back. "You owe me a kiss Derek Shepherd" She stepped closer to him, she could feel his breath on her face. "I do Meredith Grey" he eased his face closer to hers; wrapping his arm around her wet torso.

Their lips collided with each other. Getting deeper by the second. Her wet hair clung to her skin like a wet rag. Meredith wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair while the kiss went on. She was on her high toes from the hight differences between them. Kind of looked like one of those romance movies.

"Meredith" he said under his breath. Just catching it after she nearly took it away. "Sshh" She began to kiss his neck, tracing her fingers over his chest. "18 years. I've waited for this." She said as she took breaths. Derek looked deep into her eyes, like he was trying to see what she was feeling. A smile overcome her face as it did with her. "18 years is a long time Meredith Grey" he gave a seductive look to her. "Wait. Go deeper into the cave so they don't see us" she gave the look back. "Does Little Grey not want to be seen having sex with me" he joked. "Well unless you want Cristina to see your little ass then I recommend going further into the cave, out of site." Her giggle made Derek thrive. He picked her up; carrying her deeper into the cave.

Laughters echoed from the cave.
This time is was no dream.