Chapter five ~ You want my cheesestick?

{Authors POV}

September 11th 1983

"Meredith!" Ellis called from beyond the front door. Meredith was playing on her pink and black tricycle in the front yard of the Grey household. "Meredith!" She called again. Meredith just kept going round and round in circles admiring the two boys down the street. "Meredith Ellis Grey you get your ass here right now!" The boys heads shot up as well as Meredith's. Her little legs jumped of the tricycle and ran to her mother by the door. "Meredith, I'm off to work you don't leave this house. Are we clear?" Ellis had an angry tone. Or was that her real tone. No one knew she was always shouting, bossing people around. Including her five year old daughter.

~

The car whizzed off down the road, her mother off to work as always. She wouldn't come back for another 32 hours at the most. Leaving her daughter all alone in the house, never aloud outside. But that never stopped her, she always found a way.

~

As soon as the car turned the corner at the end of the street, Meredith ran down the street to the boys whom she had been admiring, a cheese stick was laying in her hand, two more in the other. "Hey. I'm Meredith Grey from down the street. You want my cheese stick?" Her little face was filled with smiles and happiness, it was the only time she got to talked to people, now her mother was gone. She held out the hand with the two cheese sticks in." Meredith right I'm Derek Shepherd and this is my bud Mark Sloan, and yes we would love a cheese stick". Both Derek and Mark took a cheese stick from Meredith's hand, as they all sat on the grass on the yard of the shepherd household. "How old are you guys" Little Grey asked the boys as she took a bite out of her cheese stick. "I'm eight, Derek's nine, what bout' you?" Mark cleared his throat also taking a bite of the cheese stick. "Five and half." Meredith replied brushing the hair out of her face from the wind. "What do you wanna be when you're older Meredith"?" Mark ask the little blond girl opposite to him. "A surgeon like my Mom, for my birthday last year she got me 'Anatomy Jane' and I haven't stopped playing with her since I love her." Meredith was so exited to finally talk with actual people, especially about 'Anatomy Jane' god she loved that doll. "Oh 'Anatomy Jane' I saw her in the toy catalog the other day, your so lucky." Derek smiled. "Me and Derek wanna' be surgeons too. I wanna do plastic surgery on hot girls and Derek wants the to do brain surgery." Mark said making fun of the word brain surgery as he had no interest in doing that. They all burst into laughter.

~

Hours had gone by, all the cheese sticks were now gone. The three kids faces were now aching from all the laughing they had done. Suddenly Meredith's mother's car turned the corner going up the street. "Oh no!" Meredith said under her breath. "Meredith? What's up" Derek asked both him and Mark confused. "My mother. She's home for some reason. I'm not meant to be out" She exclaimed her heart racing. "I have to go see you guys tomorrow" her voice trailed up the street and got lost in the distance. "Oh god 'Big Grey is gonna kick her ass" Mark said to Derek. "Yep" Derek agreed.

{Authors NOTE}

The actual fanfic is going to start in the next chapter.