Chapter twentynine ~ Good dreams good dreams go away

{Author's POV}

"Derek! Derek! Can I borrow you for a sec" Meredith calls out to Derek as he stepped out of the elevator. They began walking together down the hall to the car park which was about two minutes away from where they were, and Meredith was getting a lift home with Derek so she had plenty of time.

"That thing, the dream. You were in it" She told him. "Yes Mer you told me you had a dream. Kind of figured it was about me" he joked. "Well the dream; well I keep having it. The same dream for two weeks" Meredith explains trying not to blurt out what actually happened in the dream too soon. "Right" Derek nodded. "In the dream... In the dream- well we- um we kissed" she stuttered. "Okay? Is that it? That's why you were acting weird?" He laughed. "Yes! Why aren't you weirded out or whatever?" They finally arrive at the car park and are now headed to Derek's car. "Meredith do you know the amount of dreams I have had bout' kissing you?" Derek exaggerated. She shrugged opening the car door. "Way too many to count Mer. Don't freak out. It's just a dream." Those words. They went right through her as she sat in the car leather seat. To her it wasn't just a dream. To her she wanted it to be real. And not awkward around Derek. That's probably the number one reason she acts all weird around him. And start fights. Because she is so scared to tell her feelings she hides them away; staying dark and twisty.

"Right just a dream" Meredith stared out into the distance of the car window like she was in a depressing movie or something.

~

Derek unlocked the door to find Mark on the L-shaped couch, Meredith followed behind Derek. She didn't care what Mark had done, she needed someone that wasn't Derek, or Cristina. Who had gone to Switzerland for two weeks. "Mark!" She said under her breath going over to him with open arms embracing him in a hug while still on the couch. Marks face looked like someone had just sucked all the blood and happiness out of him. Not one word spoke from his lips. They sat that like for quite a while. Derek was leaning on the arch wall. The TV was playing; My girl. Meredith and Mark cuddled together. Both of them felt the same. Heartbroken.

~

They lay there. Together. Derek gone. Like always. Meredith and Mark. Mark and Meredith. Sleeping on the couch together still in the hug. Still heartbroken. One worse than the other. Telling the person you love that you love them. And being in love with your best friend, but unable to tell them. Red head and brunette. Female and male. But both from New York. New York lovers. Heartbreakers.

If anyone ever tells you to fall in love with the person you love. Tell them to screw love. Love is a curse. Love is a bad dream just waiting to haunt you while you sleep.

Love is a bloody crime. A heart cut open. An exposed wound out in the open world that many call home.

Love's a bitch.