Chapter twentyseven ~ Can you even see me?

{Authors POV}

Meredith and Derek lay on the L-Shaped couch like the use to when they were little, but this time without Mark. Mark hadn't been around since Addison came back which was three weeks ago. He's been in work but just not been seen by Meredith or Derek. He may have seen Addison,who knows. Derek stays away from her as does Meredith.

Derek lay long ways on the couch, on the longer part.
Meredith lay on the shorter part with her head on Derek's torso. He played with the strands of hair that fell on his body. Twisting the hair around is finger then unraveling it.

"Why don't we go out for dinner?" Derek stroked her forehead. "Like a date?" She looked up at him as he nods confidently. "No Derek. You're married remember" Derek's head tilted giving her his puppy dog mcdreamy eyes. "Don't give me that look. It would be awkward because the date would turn into something else" She sighed. "Something else? Meredith Grey have you got a thang for me?" he joked. "No Derek I don't have a thang for you" Meredith didn't joke. She was kind of annoyed. Meredith slapped away his hand which was still stroking her forehead. "Stop that!" She demanded, sitting up. "Meredith!" Derek's face read it all. "No! You're trying to put your ideas into my head. You. Are. Married." She talked with her hands. But she didn't have a tone in her voice this time. More like a jokey tone. She stood up from the couch; brushing herself down from the little hairs that fell from her head. "Meredith. What are you doing?" He smiled. "Leaving." She smiled back joking of course. "Oh no you don't" Derek grabbed her wrist pulling her back down onto the couch landing on him. They both laughed.

The Laughter stopped. They gazed into each others eyes. Derek looked at Meredith's lips. Meredith looked at his. She planted her lips ever so gently onto his. As did he. He brushed her fly hair out of her face and gazed into his eyes as to say 'again?'.

Suddenly Meredith Grey awoke from her slumber.
Thinking to herself
"Well that's new!"