Chapter twentyeight ~ It's repeating inside my head

{Author's POV}

"Morning sleepy head" Derek greeted Meredith as she walked down the stairs; welcomed into a smell of crispy bacon sizzling and pancakes on the stove. "Shepherd" she nodded greeting him in an awkward manor. Meredith came to the stove where Derek was grabbing a plate, placing pancakes and a couple slices of the ready made bacon. "Oh Mer you got a bit of toothpaste there" Derek leaned towards her about to wipe away the bit of toothpaste in the corner of her mouth. "I got it" she moved away from his clutch, wiping it away herself. "...Okay?" He said to himself confused on why she was acting so funny.

"Mer do you want a lift to work?" Derek offered to her from down the hall where she scattered off to. "Nope it's fine I'll walk" Meredith said quickly and sharply. Derek had the same face from the kitchen. Confused.

~

"So you've had the same dream of you and Derek since you've been staying at his?" Cristina confirms what Meredith had just told her about her dreams.
"Yep. It's repeating inside my head it's driving me crazy . It's getting really awkward when I'm around him. This morning I had toothpaste in the side of my mouth and Derek was about to wipe it off with his thumb or something, and I went all weird and backed away from him" She explained that morning. "Jeez Mer. So you've been staying there for two weeks. Izzie and George are living in your moms house. You and Derek have a very close bond. And now you won't let him touch you or go near you. Meredith Grey you need to talk to the guy." It's not like Cristina to give advice, but since Burke left and some woman from the force or army, somewhere in Iraq, replaced him. She's been so different. And this other guy too. Ginger. White. Kind of tall. From Iraq as well. Head of trauma. Army, war, forces stuff too. She's been so different. Like a new Yang.

Derek smoothed past the ladies as they discussed Meredith's uneasy dream. He glanced a Meredith. However she ignored his glare. "Meredith. -Dr Grey can I speak for you a minute?" Derek asked her still using the rule she requested, being professional during work.

He pulled her into a storage closet near the canteen. "What is up with you lately?" Derek demanded to know but had a worried tone. "Nothing Derek I'm fine" liar Meredith answered. "No you're not acting yourself. Is it work? Is Webber torturing you or something?". He went to reach out to her arm to reassure her but she swiped it away. He sighed. "Derek nothing is wrong it's was just a silly dream" Derek was relieved. Thinking he had screwed up her life more than he should've again. "A dream? This is over a dream. Meredith Grey you fry my brain sometimes" He kissed her forehead not thinking about it. Like it was a normal thing they do every day . He left the closet getting back to normal, Meredith soon left after, grabbing a couple gauzes for home.

"Yep you're right I need to talk to the guy" Meredith sat down back with Cristina deciding to take her advice.