Chapter sixteen ~ She's gonna survive, right?

Did she try and drown herself ? Derek wonders to himself. Or was it an accident ?

{Author's POV}

Derek still sat on the floor leaning against the wall of 'trauma room 1'. Every time the door opened with nurses coming in and out, he would try and sneak a peak of what was going on.

Mark came down the hall only just finding out what happened. "She's gonna survive, right?" Derek asked Mark, neither of them knowing the answer. But just looking for hope. Mark sat dow next to Derek. "Yeah. She's Little Grey. She'll survive anything." He reassured him. And himself. Mark placed his arm around Derek for comfort. Derek's eyes were red as roses. And wet as a puddle.

~

"Clear!" Bailey yelled again. "We're loosing her!" Richard looked at the monitor. "We've got a bleeder!" One of the nurses called out, referring to Meredith's head bleeding. "Shit! Someone get me 'Celox Rapid Gauze' stat" He demands one of the nurses. "Charge to 400" Bailey calls. "Clear" everyone takes their hands off Little Grey. Suddenly her heart rate is back. Finally. "We've got her" smiles come from all across the room. Bailey places the sterile gauze upon Meredith's wound on the left side of her head. Taping it on. And applying pressure. "Nurse Tyler could you order an 'MRI' for Meredith Grey please. And on your way tell Doctor shepherd the news" Bailey asks a nurse. He runs out of the room.

~

"Doctor shepherd?" The nurse asks Shepherd his eyes a little watery. Him and Mark both stand up. "Doctor Grey is breathing" Derek's head burst up. "Can we see her?" Mark asks ,Derek not saying a word. "Not yet we still need to run an 'MRI' to see if she has any internal bleeding" Derek still says nothing. "Okay thank you, let us know when we can" Mark responds once again for Derek. "Will do Dr Sloan". The nurse hurried down the hall to get an 'MRI'. "Do you want me to stay here, and you can go home and get some rest?" Mark asks Derek, still traumatised from seeing Meredith how she was. He pauses. "No. I wanna be here when she wakes up. And maybe we could find out what the hell happened" Derek finally spoke. They both headed down the the front desk of Seattle Grace.