top bnha characters + their fav movie with female leads to watch with their s/o

featuring: midoriya, bakugo, todoroki, kirishima, kaminari, jiro, shinso, amajiki, hado, and dabi

here are the top 10 bnha characters based on the interest poll from last month, again listed in no particular order. obviously i haven't seen every female-led movie ever made but hopefully these are accurate enough! enjoy. x

midoriya -> captain marvel: he's a huge fan of superhero movies in general, but captain marvel is his favorite female character from the mcu. not only does she have great humor but he feels like he can relate to her as well. her powers were given to her and are somewhat similar to his. she struggles with her own humanity and has several flaws but he finds comfort in the fact that that doesn't mean she won't be a great hero.

bakugo -> the hunger games: he likes the general concept of an annual fight to the death that is celebrated across a society annually. obviously he thinks that he would win if he were a chosen tribute. he hates peeta, actually he hates how the first movie ends and thinks cato should've won. then you ask him what he would do if you were also in the games with him which leaves him stumped but he believes he could think of something more creative.

todoroki -> howl's moving castle: we've established that he's a studio ghibli buff and while there are a lot of female protagonists in those movies, the story of this particular one hits different for him. the idea of finding a long-lost love is beautiful and heartwarming. he likes to think that he met you somewhere in his past and had finally found you again, giving him a chance to say, "there you are, sweetheart. sorry, i'm late. i've been looking for you everywhere."

kirishima -> little women: he doesn't really understand why they're called 'little women' despite it being mentioned in the movie but he's up for reading the book after watching for the first time. he cries his eyes out at jo's monologue about her yearning to be loved every time. the first time you watched it together he decided to confess his love for you all over again and that he never wants you to feel lonely again.

kaminari -> the house bunny: it's not hard to guess why he likes this movie so much. it's irreverent, got good one-liners in it, and features playboy bunnies. you like to tease him by shielding his eyes away from the visually mature scenes that he's always so eager to see. he's also very fascinated by american college life and dreams of throwing a super epic party except everyone has a quirk so it'll be ten times more lit. whenever you go out to dinner together and there's mahi mahi on the menu, you'll recite shelley's infamous line and it never fails to make him laugh.

jiro -> juno: good soundtrack, deadpan humor, elliot page, and really heartfelt; what more could you ask for?? this is a movie that you two like to revisit every now and then simply because it was the first movie you watched together as a couple. she likes to tease you by saying that your relationship is like juno and paulie, in which you are paulie. it's funny but you both agree that there are similarities between you two and the characters so it's just more reason to love each other.

shinso -> ocean's 8: next to horror movies, he also really enjoys films with complicated heists, something that makes you feel so satisfied when you find out how it all works. you think it's ironic yet admirable that he likes watching movies involving seemingly impossible heists when he has a power that gives him instant gratification. he's flattered by your observation but will counter by saying that he'll be smart enough to stop heists like these as a hero.

amajiki -> mulan: it's entertaining, fun, and empowering. he feels inspired by the bravery of mulan to fight in a war but he also likes when you sing the songs to him. you once asked him what he would do or say if you wanted to go fight in a war if he was not able to. he cannot lie and said that he'd worry like crazy about you even though you have great strength and ability but he'd never stop you from doing what you think is right and worth fighting for because he already knows that you would do the same for him.

hado -> aquamarine: she seems like she liked to play mermaids when she was younger so this is the movie for her. she thinks it's interesting that eighth graders present themselves as masters of love. nonetheless, she enjoys the overall message that love can be found everywhere. she always makes you dance with her during the island in the sun scene. she talks about going on a trip with you to australia where they shot the movie so you can play mermaids together.

dabi -> jennifer's body: he used to find it dumb and pointless but honestly, he thinks the make out scene between needy and jennifer is pretty hot. one time you asked him what he would do if you died and was possessed to eat men and he tells you that he probably wouldn't taste too good. however, he likes to playfully bite your neck and tell you that you're delicious.

originally posted 01 August 2021