how they like to cuddle

featuring: todoroki, kirishima, amajiki and dabi

all fluff also some manga spoilers

todoroki hasn't had much affection in his life, we all know this. so cuddling with him at first is awkward and tense, to say the least. he'd get all stiff and not know where to put his hands when you'd rest your head on his chest, but over time he gets better and welcomes your hugs and snuggles anytime. as much as he likes holding you, he finds much comfort in resting his head on your shoulder. he'll hide his face in the crook of your neck and absentmindedly trace your collarbone with his finger. sometimes he'll press soft kisses to your neck or if he's feeling bold, he'll lean his head up momentarily to kiss you on the cheek or the corner of your lips to show you he's grateful for your company. he especially likes when you pet his head, smoothing down his hair. huge chance he ends up falling asleep in this position though, you're just too comfy for him not to, but you don't mind at all. you love when he snuggles into your side or pulls you closer by tugging lightly on the bottom of your shirt because all you want is to make him feel safe. i could literally go on forever about this

kirishima is a huge cuddle bug. he just loves to be affectionate and will gladly take any chance to get cozy with you. while his quirk may be 'hardening,' he makes sure you're completely comfortable as he holds as close as possible against his chest. sometimes he'll place little kisses on your forehead or lean his head on yours while he strokes your hair. he really likes holding you and making you feel warm and protected, but he also likes laying his head in your lap while you pinch the spikes in his hair, making sure they're all standing tall. when he's tired he'll face your stomach, nuzzling into it to get comfy before he drifts off. he'll literally press his whole face into your midsection and you wonder how he doesn't suffocate. "i can't help it, you're just so comfy!" he wraps his arms around you and nuzzle his cute face into your shoulder. "you're my comfy pebble.."

amajiki is similar to todoroki in that he'd tense up at first, but it's because he's just a lil shy. he would blush profusely just from holding your hand. he gets better over time and accepts your affections but can't help the heat from running to his cheeks and tips of his ears every time. for this reason, he likes sitting behind you with his arms wrapped around your midsection, letting you lean against him, so you can't see his permanent blush and shy expression. but that doesn't stop you from turning around in your spot to press a kiss to his warm cheek and lay your head on his shoulder. "tamaki...you're warm" your soft voice lets him know that you're real and you're there with him. his hand rubs up and down on your back to lull you to sleep. his lips find the top of your head and stay there for a few moments, closing his eyes to breathe you in. he realizes that he blushes so much because you make him feel warm.

dabi is also like todoroki (i mean he is a todoroki) but he would blatantly avoid any form of cuddling with you at first. he wouldn't be afraid to pull away from your hugs or push you away when you'd try to lean on him on the couch. eventually you learned that this is just who he is, and he still cares about you in other ways. like taking you with him to go set a building on fire and then running away hand in hand to watch it burn from the distance while talking about nothing and everything. but that didn't mean he didn't want to be physically close to you, he just had to initiate it. whenever you're just sitting on the couch or bed and he comes up and immediately sits down next you, throws his arms around you and pulls you into his chest, you knew something was bothering him or he was nervous about something. you never asked because you would find out in time. but for now you wrap your arms around him and hold him tight, hoping that you could give him the comfort he needed. 

originally posted 28 Dec 2020