"Really?" He questions. He seems calmer now, and he sits down on the bed.

"Yeah, and I'm in an internship." I say excited but I remember Sawyer kicked me out.

"You seem happy?" He says more in question.

"I missed you." I let tears fall all over again and I sit beside him. He pulls me into a side hug and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Me too." He says.

Today has been a mess and I can't control my emotions.

"It's getting late. I'll let you rest." I start to get up. "Please give them a chance." I whisper softly. He looks at me and stubbornly nods.

"Good night." I say and I leave the room. The two men are still there and I smile at them nervously, but they don't move or give me a smile.

I make my way downstairs to get something small to eat, and I bump into Sawyer. He seems hesitant to be around me. His eyes are intently watching me.

"Thank you." I hug him and he seems tense at first but quickly relaxes.

"I think I might be a terrible person." For a split second I believe him. It seems like he's just about to confess a crime, maybe a murder. But then who isn't a terrible person?

"Don't say that." I tell him.

"It's true. Everything your brother was saying." He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Yes but I think you did it with the best intentions." I shrug.

He snorts at my remark. I playfully hit his arm.

I yawn and we're quiet for a couple of seconds. He clears his throat,

"Well, goodnight Opal." He kisses the top of my head and I stand there frozen. I don't think he expected to do that either.

"Night." I whisper and he gives me a curt smile and walks off. I breathe out and slump on the stairs. I sit for a while to catch my breath.

I sit by the steps thinking for at least thirty minutes. I hear the faint sound of the piano playing and I get up.

I make it downstairs to the piano room. Sawyer is writing things down and then playing a few piano chords. He's composing music.

"Couldn't sleep?" I walk in.

"Shit." Sawyer says as he drops his pen.

"Sorry."

"Hey, how does this sound?" Sawyer asks and I drag a chair and slide it beside Sawyer.

He starts playing the piano, slowly. At first it's a really sad melody. But the more I listen the more I feel beautifully hopeful. I feel like time is passing, things are coming and going and it's okay. I close my eyes, the sounds staying for just the right amount of time. I smile, feeling like I shouldn't worry about anything.

Why worry to begin with?

We're all just living, loving, and we're losing. We ache, we hurt, we're learning, we're growing, we're trying, and we're here. And that is okay. We're here, I'm here with Sawyer and I'm okay.

When he finally finishes the song I open my eyes. He raises his eyebrows waiting for me to answer.

"Can you play it again?" I question. He rolls his eyes and he slowly starts off again.

This time I don't close my eyes. I watch as Sawyer is fully surrounded by the sounds he's creating. He's slightly swaying, he catches me staring and he smiles. I can't help but lean on the piano, the vibrations almost putting me to sleep.