~FOURTY-FIVE~

FOURTY-FIVE: What Kinda Fucking Fairytale

FOURTY-FIVE: What Kinda Fucking Fairytale...?

Words: 1370 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: ceguytgdrueygfceucyg
***

~in the void~

Ali's mind, to say the least, was lost.

She couldn't control anything in herself. She couldn't move, couldn't flinch, couldn't speak. Nothing. Everything felt numb. The only feeling she felt was the feeling at the balls of her feet. It was the feeling of levitating air as she proceed to hover and float up higher and higher.

She could think, but that was all she could do. She could feel her face frozen in a look of utter terror and hopelessness. She couldn't changed that look on her face if somebody had hit her with a hammer.

The only real feeling she could feel was herself drifting away. Mind, soul and all.

Most of her thinking mind told her to just quit fighting. To quit holding onto whatever she could and just let go. Just to give up and float.

She was going to die anytime in her life anyway. Better to die young and live young forever, her mind said.

But her heart, her soul, slapped her something awful and told her mind to shut up. To grip onto whatever she's got left of herself and fight it. Fight it. Fight It.

Fight It.

Neither part of herself was winning but she guessed it was amusing.

But though she didn't want to let her soul's side lose, she could tell her mind was winning now as she could feel herself weakening with each passing mili-second. It was only a matter of seconds, she reckoned, before she would lose herself completely.

***

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

Bev, Eddie, Richie, Stan, Mike and Ben had been screaming at Ali for five minutes, though it seemed like five hours, now and they were losing hope fast. Well, they as in 'they with the exception of Edward Kaspbrak.'

Richie had known Eddie almost his entire life and he swore he had never seen his old friend so determined and strong-looking.

There was a sharp look in his eyes that held a striking resemblance to how a superhero might look on the cover of a comic book.

It scared Richie something bad, that look in his eyes. Eddie looked as if he could kill if it meant bringing Valerie Sumner back. But at the same time, that scary look was inspiring. It was probably one of the only things that kept the losers going with their whole screaming-fest.

"Should we splash water in her face?" Mike suggested.

"What water, Mike?" Ben sighed.

Mike looked around them, specifically at the sewage water on the ground.