~THIRTEEN~

THIRTEEN: Run

THIRTEEN: Run

Words: 929 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: daddywiseee
***

Ali's instincts kicked in when the leper-thing in front of her let out a growl and began to lunge towards them. It walked funny like it was limping, but Ali's father was a fast runner and Ali had a feeling that this fucked up version of her father was too.

Eddie let out a scream and that was enough to get Ali going.

She stood up and hauled Eddie to his feet by the collar of his shirt.

They both ran into the front yard of the creepy house on Neibolt Street. If Ali had looked back on it now, that was a stupid idea, but it was their only option. The leper blocked any other ways for them to run.

Eddie could barely breathe so his breathing came out in rough and smothered gasps for air. It was up to Ali to drag him off to run.

The leper chased after them, running and growling, its long disgusting limbs flailing about in the wind. Ali normally would laugh at such silly running but the leper was in no way funny.

Ali's mind raced as the pair of them ran through the dead grass on the house's lawn.

Why was that leper's face...her dad's...? What in the shit?

Before she could think of it anymore, she felt herself falling.

Eddie had tripped on something and fell, dragging Ali down too.

She cursed under her breath. She was about to help Eddie up when she got another view of the leper. She cowered in fear below the leper as it growled madly.

Eddie was whimpering and shaking uncontrollably and suddenly Ali's fear disintegrated. Her fear was replaced with anger.

Whatever that creature was. It wasn't her dad. It wasn't real.

As soon as these thoughts started in her head, Ali could've sworn the leper backed away a bit, as if she hurt it. She didn't care though.

She had sometimes been accused of acting like a cliche movie tough girl. But she was not about to be the cliche dumb girl who dies before the opening credits in a horror movie because she had tripped and fell.

She took out her mace and glared defiantly into the leper's eyes. She pressed the nozzle and the mace mist hit the leper. It backed away sheepishly and it seemed to shrink.

Ali didn't get a good look though. She was hauling Eddie to his feet.

As soon as Eddie was up again, they continued to run. They reached the backyard and Eddie spotted an opening through the fence they could crawl through.

They ran towards it and began to duck under it to escape, when they both froze in their tracks like deer caught in headlights.

Across from where they stood, was what seemed to be a clown. Its face was hidden behind balloons in a triangular formation, but Ali and Eddie were sure of it. It was a clown. It had to be.

The balloons slowly ascended above, revealing the definite face of a clown. Its face was coated in a pale white, maybe paint of some kind. With two red lines like cuts leading from the corners of his mouth to his eyes to his brows. And tufts of red-orange hair.

It smiled at them in a not-so-warm way.

"Where ya goin' kids?" It giggled a bit.

The clown continued on but Ali suddenly saw something at the corner of her eye and lost focus of the clown.

At the roof of the house, she could make out two figures. She squinted and realized who they were.

It was Eddie and Richie.

She stared in disbelief.

They both seemed to notice Ali too and they waved at her. Ali just stared.

Suddenly, Richie backed up and began to run at full pace jumping off the roof. Ali was frozen in shock.

Ali heard him cry for help but she was frozen, couldn't move at all.

Shit! Richie!

Ali tried to run towards him to help him or at least call out to him, but she couldn't move. It was like she was paralyzed and she just watched and stood there as Richie continued to scream for help.

His screams chilled Ali to the bone.

And she couldn't do anything to help him.

Then she saw Eddie.

Eddie was laughing and waving at her frantically. Ali just continued to stare.

Suddenly, the smile vanished from Eddie's face and it was replaced with a frown. A sad, but angry frown.

Ali watched in horror as Eddie took out a pistol and aimed it at his head. Ali couldn't even scream. No, fuck that. She couldn't even breathe.

NO! EDDIE, DON'T YOU DARE!

She tried to scream or even move towards him but she couldn't. She couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't breathe.

Was she even alive anymore?

Ali watched as Eddie pulled the trigger and-

Ali jolted back to reality when the real Eddie who was by her side, let out a scream. The sound of balloons popping made Ali turn her head towards where the clown was.

The clown was gone. Ali looked back at the roof.

'Richie' and 'Eddie' were gone too.

She felt someone tug at her sleeve. It was Eddie.

She and him crawled out from under the fence and ran.

They didn't know where they were running, but they didn't care. They just ran and ran and ran until the house on Neibolt Street was out of view.