~FOURTY-THREE~

FOURTY-THREE: You'll Float Too

Words: 1285 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: so because of my crippling writers block, this took way too long to write BUT thanks to a very amazing user Love_yourself_girlie, who gave me a really good idea on how to continue on with this plot, my writer mindset is back so just a special thanks to them and i hope you enjoyy this chapter!
***

Three was not the charm.

Instead of entering a path that lead him on the right way, Eddie had wounded up being met with a dead end.

"Shit!" Eddie yelled in anger.

Then in a burst of a fit of rage, he began to kick at the shelves and continued to scream.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"

His voice echoed and echoed into nothingness and his foot ached from kicking. His throat felt thinner than ever and he was growing more and more breathless than ever.

He looked around himself and began to laugh.

He laughed in an almost delirious manner. Laughter turned into hysterics and soon he was howling with mad laughter.

He slumped against the dead end shelf and slowly began to slide to the floor, still wheezing.

"You got me!" He called out to nobody in particular, still laughing madly. "You got me, you son of a bitch! Got me, you did! You got me!"

He looked around himself once more and began laughing even harder.

He had realized now that he was never going to make it out of this maze of drugstore shelves. That door with the 'EXIT' sign had probably been a hoax. Nothing but a joke.

Just like he was, he guessed. What a joke. Thinking he could actually beat a maze made by It. He must've been the biggest joke in the universe.

Look at me, biggest baby and biggest joke of all.

"Fuck you, you lunatic!" Eddie continued to laugh deliriously. His laughter echoed and the echo's laughter mingled with his. "You can come over and kill me now but I think you'd find it more entertaining if I died suffocating! Wouldn't ya?! Ya would, wouldn't ya, you sick freak!"

He continued to laugh until tears streamed down his face and he could feel his lungs and throat hurt physically.

"Piece of shit." He managed to wheeze out, feeling his head and eyes getting heavy. He leaned back and closed his eyes. "Yeah, I'll just die here, I guess. Fuck you."

He was growing drowsier and drowsier and he knew he was dying. Yup. He was dying alright.

He was still laughing though, a smile on his face.