~TEN~

TEN: Quarry

TEN: Quarry

Words: 1262 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: the losers club is adorable man
***

As soon as Richie had called out "Chicken Fight!", all hell broke loose.

Richie got on Ben's shoulders and Bev hopped on Ben's. Stanley decided he didn't want any broken bones and stayed out of the main fight but splashed them all to stay in the game. Eddie was about to join him too, not wanting any broken bones either, when Ali dragged him toward the chicken fight.

"Hop on." Ali told him.

"Huh?" Eddie rose an eyebrow. "Don't you think I should be the one on the bottom?"

Ali snorted. "Yeah, with your skinny ass, we'll definitely win. C'mon, just get on."

Eddie was hesitant. "I...I don't know. Ali, I might look light but I don't know if you can carry me..."

"What? Cuz I'm a girl?" Ali laughed. "C'mon, don't be a bitch." She smiled and assured him. "Trust me."

Eddie figured what the hell and hopped on.

He yelped when Ali actually managed to lift him into the air by her shoulders without any trouble. She ran toward Richie, Bill, Bev and Ben.

The three pairs chicken-fought while Stanley cheered and whooped wildly in the background. He wasn't exactly cheering for anyone but rather insulting them in a cheery manner.

"Bill, you suck!" Stan laughed. "Ben, come on now! Eddie, you're supposed to push him off, not start squealing!"

They chicken-fought until the winner emerged. Ali and Eddie cheered in victory.

"Yeah!" Ali giggled. "See? I told you we'd win!"

Eddie nodded, anxious to get off her shoulders. "Yes, yes. Now please put me down. It just occurred to me how much germs must be in this water..."

Ali set him down and as a joke, Ali splashed some water in his face. He gasped but splashed back. Soon, the other losers joined in, even Stanley.

They eventually tired themselves out and decided to rebound to land but not before they dunked Stanley's head in the water after his chicken-fight narration.
***

Ali and Bev lay on some towels they had laid down on the stony cliff ground, sun-bathing.

The boys watched in silence and awe. They had never been in contact with a female human being for more than five minutes in their lives and this scenario was insane to them.