~FOURTY-FOUR~

FOURTY-FOUR: Levitating

Words: 1237 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: im so sorry for slower updates i have so much summer school work its insane-
***

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Richie, Ben and Stanley began to rush toward Ali and Bev, terrified looks on their faces.

Eddie was the only one who stood frozen and still. His mind was racing.

It was the look in Ali's eyes. It was so frozen and dull. Unmoving and still. It set off a freak alarm inside him and caused him to freeze. It was like Ali was really dead.

Beverly was hovering above the ground but she was only a few feet off the ground. Ali however, was at least twenty feet off the ground and still floating fast.

In the middle of the sewer opening was a giant towering pile of junk. Bodies alongside Bev and Ali's were floating in the air too but those bodies were missing limbs and were clearly dead. Ali's and Bev's were the only ones that showed some sort of sign that they were still alive.

Ali though, not so much.

Ben grabbed an unwilling Richie and got on his shoulders. Richie let out a surprised "Oof" but tried to stay still as Ben grabbed Bev by the feet and pulled her down gently.

When she was on the ground, Ben got off Richie, who seemed shaken up with exhaustion, and hugged her.

Beverly didn't even flinch, she just stayed still and staring lifelessly.

"What happened to her?!" Ben demanded to nobody in particular. "Wake up! Beverly, wake up! Why isn't she waking up?!"

His voice broke and tears streamed down his face as he shook Beverly, desperately trying to wake her up.

Richie and Stanley stood by the side, heads low.

Eddie suddenly snapped out of his trance and began to run full pace to Ali.

She was floating faster and faster.

No. I can't lose her now.

He began to climb the junk pile, not caring whether or not it was filled with germs or anything that could stab him. All he cared about was getting to Ali before it was too late.

Ali was now at least twenty-five feet in the air, Eddie slowly reaching her, only a few feet away.

"Eddie, don't! You'll fall!" Richie gasped and Stanley stared, wide-eyed.

Finally, Eddie had reached a point where he was above Ali.

Without thinking twice, he jumped off, hands out for Ali.